Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
subrun_jamil
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to Update Topology in Smart Console

Hi, 

I created some new Interfaces at CheckPoint GAIA GUI Interface. 

I would like to know recommended steps or CheckPoint doc link to know How to Import or Update the Topology from Smart Console for the newly created Interfaces at GAIA of Gateway Firewall.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
emmap
Employee
Employee

For this reason I would generally recommend to 'down' the interfaces on the switch end, so that you can leave them up at the gateway and the fetch will work.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Yea, that works too, agree.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Below is example from my lab. Keep in mind...IF you have custom config there already and you press "get WITH topology" that will overwrite whatever is there. I always do "get interfaces without topology" and select option for routing for anti-spoofing, as thats how fw would calculate any changes and policy push is not even needed in that case. Just ensure you have correct routes configured, that sort of goes without saying : - )

I can show you in my lab if you have more questions.

Andy

Interface - Topology Settings (checkpoint.com)

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

(1)
subrun_jamil
Contributor

How does the "Specific" option works from your last image. I see i have a firewall that has specific option setup and called a network group there.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend
0 Kudos
subrun_jamil
Contributor

I added few more interfaces from GAIA while Needed to Keep The Interfaces Down. And If I try to use from Smart Dashboard with get interfaces without topology option it does not show up new Interfaces. 

To get the Interfaces at Smart DashBoard Do they need to be enabled at GAIA / Physically ?

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

They do...disabled/down will never show up.

0 Kudos
emmap
Employee
Employee

For this reason I would generally recommend to 'down' the interfaces on the switch end, so that you can leave them up at the gateway and the fetch will work.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Yea, that works too, agree.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82
    CheckMates Events