Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zolocofxp
Contributor
Jump to solution

Help configuring CPAC-4-1F-C + CPAC-TR-1SX-C

Hello all,

I know this may be trivial to you, but for the life of me, I can't get these optical interfaces to show on SmartConsole to use.

I have enabled it in GAIA and doubled checked in clish.

1.PNG

1.PNG

In SmartConsole Network Management, it just doesn't appear, even if I press Get Interfaces. Do I have to manually add it like vpnts?

1.PNG

Any help is really appreciated. I'm running Quantum 6400 R81.10 in cluster by the way.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
_Val_
Admin
Admin

You should fully configure the interfaces on Gaia side first, with an IP address and a link up. If you are only preparing them for production use and do not want to connect them to a switch, a loopback adapter can be used. 

From what I see, you did not set up any IP on the interface yet, so it is not included in the topology info.

Once it is fully done, fetch topology, the interfaces should now appear in SmartConsole. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

You should fully configure the interfaces on Gaia side first, with an IP address and a link up. If you are only preparing them for production use and do not want to connect them to a switch, a loopback adapter can be used. 

From what I see, you did not set up any IP on the interface yet, so it is not included in the topology info.

Once it is fully done, fetch topology, the interfaces should now appear in SmartConsole. 

the_rock
Legend
Legend

I agree with @_Val_ . So, the gist of it exactly what he said...you configure them in Gaia first (OS level) and once done, then you fetch topology.

BUT, here is the catch...if interface is DOWN state, it will never be fetched by topology, regardless if you click "get interfaces with topology" or "get interfaces without topology".

So, for it to show in dashboard, state has to be UP.

In your case, you would run this from clish -> set interface eth1-01 state up and then save config on next line

Hope that helps.

Andy

the_rock
Legend
Legend

I meant command is set interface eth1-01 state on

Depending on a vendor, its on or up : - )

0 Kudos
Zolocofxp
Contributor

Thank you @_Val_  and @the_rock !! Got it to show up.

1.PNG

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Good job!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events