cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mitchell_gayle
Explorer

Help Cronjob Not Working

Hey guys,

So, I want to setup a couple cronjobs to run a few bash scripts on my gateways. One being the healthcheck.sh. I then created an export script to take the two files it creates and export it to an FTP server.

Both of my shell scripts can be executed manually but when I try to setup cronjobs, they don't work. I created a user called jobuser to execute these.

[Expert@host]# crontab -u jobuser -l
0 1 1 1-12 * /home/admin/healthcheck.sh
0 2 1 1-12 * /home/admin/healthcheckexport.sh
25 3 * * * /home/admin/healthcheckexport.sh

Here you can see I have two schedules, one to run the healthcheck first then to run the export, then I have a third that I was just testing with live to see why or why it isnt working. 

After this I also created a healthjob cron in etc/cron.d and chmod 664 to give it proper permissions.

Referencing How to create a cron job on SecurePlatform OS that runs every minute 

[Expert@host]# cd /etc/cron.d/
[Expert@host]# ls -al
total 24
drwx------ 2 admin root 4096 Feb 16 16:55 .
drwxr-xr-x 47 admin root 12288 Feb 13 08:41 ..
-rw-rw-r--  1 admin root 51 Feb 16 16:55 healthjob
-rw-r--r-- 1 admin root 188 Jan 31 2008 sysstat
[Expert@host]# cat healthjob
56 16 * * * root /home/admin/healthcheckexport.sh

When I restart the cron service and tail /var/log/cron I get BAD FILE MODE which just means permission issue as far as I know in the unix. I even chmod to 777 for fun and no luck.

Feb 20 10:50:15 2018 host crond[31840]: (*system*) BAD FILE MODE (/etc/cron.d/healthjob)

I also made sure that both my scripts start with !#bin/bash I've also tried adding -f -x but that isn't recognized

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Please help it's urgent.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
This widget could not be displayed.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events