Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sanjay_Chivukul
Explorer

Gaia cannot add GUI clients

I have a R80 standalone Gaia testbed installed on a virtual machine, sec GW+ mgmt selected during install, no errors reported during the installation. Was able to successfully run the first time config wizard, no errors. 

While i can connect successfully with the webUI, I am unable to get the SmartConsole to connect to this standalone box to manage Firewall blade. The error is the "could not connect" error message.

While following - "Connection cannot be initiated. Make sure server is up and running" error in SmartDashboard 

i can see that fwm is running

this just got installed so disk space ideally wouldnt be a prob, *NDB files are just 20k size atm

i unloaded the policy to see if something was blocking the ports via  fw unloadlocal

next i try cpconfig to see if its a config thing, i can successfully see license, admin information is as entered during setup

Errors start here -

i tried to use the CLI to add GUI clients just to be sure, and here i get the error message "Failed to connect to database"

im trying to enter 3 to get to "configuring gui clients" section, when it shows this error and displays root menu again.

also observed that when i do a CLI cpstop and cpstart there are errors related to cpwdm and cphttp2 (screen scrolls off very fast, cant capture specific error) and then there is a never ending loop of java error messages = java.net.netconnection.....

Any tips on how to tshoot this would be much appreciated, dunno where to start, nothing i see on postgres or java tshooting in KB

0 Kudos
1 Reply
This widget could not be displayed.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)