Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wintza
Explorer
Jump to solution

Cluster Auto-Upgrade

Hi,

I'd like to ask if there is a way to track the last person to upgrade the Cluster firewall. We had an incident yesterday where one of our clients were running on R80.40 (gateways) and R81 (SMS). They logged a P1 and advised that the gateways have been upgraded to R81.10 which is higher than the SMS leading to a huge outage. Is it possible for a gateway to auto-upgrade? Client has Superadmin rights.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
_Val_
Admin
Admin

No, there are no auto-upgrade capabilities on the GWs. Upgrades have to be explicitly started by someone with admin access. 

You should check the admin logs in /var/log/audit/audit.log and /var/log/messages files to see what really happened there

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

No, there are no auto-upgrade capabilities on the GWs. Upgrades have to be explicitly started by someone with admin access. 

You should check the admin logs in /var/log/audit/audit.log and /var/log/messages files to see what really happened there

0 Kudos
Wintza
Explorer

Thank you @_Val_ 

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

We are here to help

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I agree with @_Val_ . In my 15 years dealing with CP, I had never ever seen a case where cluster would auto-upgrade. The only appliance that I know of where you can configure that is SMB type appliance, to upgrade once new image is available. For regular Gaia, Im pretty positive its not something that would be available.

0 Kudos
Wintza
Explorer

Thanks for your input @the_rock

0 Kudos
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

Each and every upgrade process will create snapshot with version prior to upgraded version. You can simply revert back to previous version by restoring the snapshot which is done before the upgrade (if no installation from ISO was made).

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)