cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dimitris
Explorer

Checkpoint 2200 not booting

Hello all,

i have a checkpoint 2200 version R77.20 which is stuck at booting .

Can you check the attached image and help me out find the cause of this problem?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
JackPrendergast
Advisor
Advisor

The real question is why are you trying to boot a device running R77.20?!

I can only hope you are attempting to boot to upgrade it (and even then you need to be cautious) 

0 Kudos
Dimitris
Explorer

Hello Jack,

the device has been running for a long time with this version.

Do you think its a software or hardware related issue?

Would an upgrade to R77.30 help if its a software issue? 

0 Kudos
JackPrendergast
Advisor
Advisor

Hello.

Well, it doesnt help. R77.20 went end of life August 2017! R77.30 went end of life September 2019.

You need to be looking at upgrading to R80.20 and above - ideally R80.40.

0 Kudos
Dimitris
Explorer

Thank you Jack.

The problem is that i dont think the device has enough RAM/CPU to handle the R80.x version.

Do you think that the issue with my device not being able to boot is the software? Could i possibly take any other action to boot it?

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

For R80 you need the 4GB version, which is indicated by the B version when you look in the Usercenter.

Did you have a power failure just before it did not boot anymore? Or did someone unplug the device and tried to to power back on and found it was failing?

If so, you need to reinstall the box, these units were very sensitive to power failures in that it would corrupt the disc.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The full console messages might be helpful.
But I suspect a full reinstall may be required.

0 Kudos
John_Fleming
Advisor

My guess is the drive is messed up. Assuming it doesn't have support but you still want to use it, crack it open and replace it. You'll need to reimage it and is .. ehem.. should work like before. Just make sure the replacement drive is at least 500GB and completely empty (like no partition table).

Sorry about your firewall, this has to be the worst thing that happened today.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You can also upgrade the RAM to 4Gb as well if you’re going to crack the case.
Obviously none of this is formally supported.

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

A 2200 can still be in maintenance untill june next year and officially R80 is supported on them. But as said the disc is probably corrupt and just needs reinstalling from USB. The disc corruption has happened to us at least 20 times in different remote locations, untill those customer sites were fitted with a UPS, then it finally stopped happening.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Dimitris
Explorer

Thank you for your answers.

I will try to rebuild the device then and see what happens.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events