cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RajnishR
Participant

CheckPoint80.40 Load Sharing Option Not Working From Smart Console

Hi Experts, 

I am deploying checkpoint 80.40 in load sharing mode in my lab using smart Console but even I am not selecting IPSec VPN and have applied the remedy provided in (https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

I am unable to select load sharing option in the ClusterXL configuration and getting same error every time. 

Below steps taken to fix it but no success: 

1. Upgraded the security management server to Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator Take 118

2. Applied sk162637 (i.e. kernel parameter, variable set in Windows & variable addition in $FWDIR/scripts/cpm.sh

Appreciate your response. 

Regards,

Rajnish

4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Due to a major architectural change, ClusterXL Load Sharing does not support VPN in R80.20, R80.30, and R80.40.
The steps in sk162637 allow you to enable ClusterXL Load Sharing without VPN support.
You will need to upgrade to R81 JHF 34 and above or R81.10.
See: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?action=portlets.SearchResultMainAction&eve...

RajnishR
Participant

Thanks for the response,

I don't need VPN and thus disabled that option but still getting error as shared. 

followed the steps of sk162637 but getting immediate prompt which is quite surprising for me even.  

Do you recommend, R81 JHF 34 and above or R81.10 even if the sk162637 does not work? 

Thanks. 

_Val_
Admin
Admin

Then un-check VPN blade from the cluster object.

RajnishR
Participant

Hi, 

Could you please elaborate more on your recommendation? 

I unchecked the VPN option already while creating the cluster. Do you mean uncheck on cluster member and if yes how?

And is it possible with current R80.40 version itself? 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events