Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marcel_Gramalla
Advisor

Are Falcon Acceleration Cards still a thing?

We all heard of the Falcon Acceleration Cards a few years ago with the launch of R80.20 but since then it's very silent around those Cards and also all SKs can't be viewed anymore (at least at "Advanced" level). 

Does anybody know if we will see such cards again or if the approach is dead at Check Point? I think all other major Firewall companies use some kind of ASIC/FPGA in their appliances (and there's no option of OpenServer). Any official comment on that or some speculations?

2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Along those lines, we did announce during CPX some low-latency options are forthcoming.
You may wish to review the following: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Member-Exclusive-Content/Pillars-of-Innovation-New-Products-Anno...

Marcel_Gramalla
Advisor

I actually saw that video a few weeks ago but I haven't noticed the very small hint that there might be something with an acceleration card. Looking forward to that and hopefully that will make it's way to smaller appliances as well. That would also make the appliances much more attractive and would make us finally switch to them from Openservers.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)