Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MMMiller60
Participant
Jump to solution

/30 and /26 to ISP without a router

Hi All

I hope I'm posting correctly here, It's one of first posts, I apologize if I'm in the wrong place.  I've raised the question with TAC but its been days and still can seem to get a clear answer.  We are running Gaia 80.30 jhft50 on our gateway appliance, management is separate.  We have a /30 and a /26 usable IPs from our ISP.  We have always used a router in between the gateway and the ISP with the router having on interface in the /30 and one in the /26, then our gateway has an IP in the /26 and the router as its default route.  We do 1 to 1 static NATs for any IP we want to use in the /26.  Can this be done without the router?  Can I just give the gateway an IP in the /30 and set the default route to the ISP router also in the /30?  I think outbound should be fine it will just take the default route to the ISP but I'm worried about inbound traffic for the /26 NATs.  I know our ISP has routes pointing all the traffic for our /26 IPs to our IP in the /30 but, once the traffic gets to the gateway will the gateway accept the traffic for the /26 when its IP for that interface is in the /30 not the /26?  If not, is there a solution to make this work, was thinking maybe using a layer 2 - 3 bridge to pin an IP from the /26 to that interface in the /30, could that do the trick?  TAC at one point mentioned proxy ARP, maybe that's what I need, but not sure, it seems tedious, one for every NAT.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
This widget could not be displayed.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events