Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wayne_Hammond
Contributor

Capsule VPN No Longer Works

Hi,

Capsule seems to have stopped working.

I was able to connect with 2FA, then open my RDP.

Now it connects and RDP no longer responds.

I have installed E83.10 and then connected and RDP works fine.

The laptop is Windows Pro 64 laptop 2004 19041.329

I have a Surface Pro X Window Pro 64 1909 18363.900 and Capsule works fine on that.

Regards

Wayne

0 Kudos
8 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Recommend a TAC case here.
0 Kudos
BorisL
Contributor

Indeed.

In some systems that updated to Windows 10, version 2004, Capsule stops working. Connection is established but routes are not established to the VPN. We have reverted the Windows update.

Wayne_Hammond
Contributor

Hopefully resolved soon

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Our Endpoint clients are not currently compatible with Windows 10 2004.
I imagine this impacts VPN clients as well, as they are based on the similar code.
We have a private EA of the full Endpoint client (E83.15) available now through the TAC with a GA release (E83.20) expected in August.

0 Kudos
BorisL
Contributor

Really difficult to understand how Check Point is so far behind the operating systems it should serve. Delays in Windows and worse delays in MacOS. We have to delay important operating systems updates and wait for Check Point so that VPN access continues to work.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

The general schedule is outlined here for awareness: sk115192

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

As noted in sk115192, sometimes Apple and Microsoft make significant changes to the OS that impact the functionality of our products.
This is why our timelines for supporting the latest version of macOS and Windows are as noted in the sk.
We'll do our best to keep everyone informed of timelines, which are based on the GA release of these operating systems.

0 Kudos
BorisL
Contributor

sk115192 reports E83.20 supports Windows 10 2004.
But the "Check Point Capsule VPN" in Microsoft Store has not been updated. We rely on this to simplify deployment for our users.

Is there any information as to the date it will be updated?

0 Kudos
Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events