Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odumper and Ofiller (Exporting/Importing R5x-R7x Config)

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Ofiller and Odumper are tools that were created by former Check Point SE Martin Hoz. They are not official Check Point tools, but have been used extensively over the years to export and import data from Check Point object databases, whether Security Management, or Multi-Domain (Provider-1). The access policy configuration is exported/imported in CSV format and can be used to extract the configuration from legacy R5x - R7x installations.

To migrate these configurations to a recent versi

...;
TO ACCESS CHECKMATES TOOLBOX it's simple and free

Disclaimer: Check Point does not provide maintenance services or technical or customer support for third party content provided on this Site, including in CheckMates Toolbox. See also our Third Party Software Disclaimer.

16 Replies

lucascaetano9
Participant

I would like your help to know if there is a newest version of this? I am running the odumper command in CMD to convert the file to .CSV and getting the issue "cannot start odumper or run due to incomaptibility with 64-bit versions of windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit windows compatible version is available."

I am using the 2.4 where the last update is 2006.

;

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
Yes, these are the latest version of these tools.
While they were developed by a now former Check Point employee, they are not now nor have they ever been official Check Point tools.
As such, they are provided as-is and there are no plans for further enhancements or recompiles for more modern operating systems.

Another option that runs in PERL is: https://github.com/mattburch/CPParser
It does not have a CSV export/import function natively, but it does appear to export the ne...;

dannyclee
Explorer

Thank you sir.

;

0 Kudos

dannyclee
Explorer

In the GUI is there anyway to copy multiple objects out into notepad\word?  I can only seem to double click on one object then go up to the top copy\paste.  I have firewall rules with several objects in one rule and don't want to copy\paste one at a time?

;

0 Kudos

Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Happy to see you bringing these up, just recently had to point them out to one of my buddies.

Also, no luck running them in 64 bit Windows.

;

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
I linked to an external version of them more than once.
Also used to host this on phoneboy.com, so it seemed appropriate. 😁 ;

0 Kudos

dannyclee
Explorer

Thank you!

;

0 Kudos

JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

While 64bit versions of Windows are not supported, you can still run these tools on any Linux machine (even on Check Point Management).

Just move folder "Linux_and_SPLAT" from archive to the machine. Run following command on all .lin files inside this folder:

chmod +x *.lin

and after that you can run both tools by running the following commands: 

./odumper.lin ./ofiller.lin

Output from my R77.30 MDS:

...;

dannyclee
Explorer

First thanks so much for the info, but I am not a Linux guy and SCARED TO DEATH to run this on our PROD Checkpoint Box.  Is there a simpler way to extract the config from the Checkpoint either via command line or the management server?

;

0 Kudos

JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor
You can run this tool on ANY Linux machine, not specifically related to Check Point. ;

0 Kudos

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
You can copy the two files (objects_5_0.C and rulebases_5_0.fws) from your production management server (both in $FWDIR/conf) and run the tools from a Linux machine. ;

tech_scrw
Explorer

Hi all,

I need your help about an error message when I run the command: odumper -f objects_5_0.C -o myobjects.csv

The objects_5_0.C is exported from Management Server in R77.30. When I run odumper -p rulebases_5_0.fws -o rules.csv => no error and the CSV file is successfuly created.

The error message: 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

./odumper.lin -f objects_5_0.C -o myobjects

...;

G_W_Albrecht
Legend
Legend

You would use this for R55 or R65 export - but for R77.30 ??? You have better tools for that, as this is R65 !

;

0 Kudos

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

These tools focus on basic object/access policy definition.
This did not change substantially between R55 and R77.30, so these tools will still be applicable.
Configurations beyond basic firewall will need to be migrated manually.

;

0 Kudos

Jeff_Gao
Advisor

This is a good tools,checkpoint should maintain as a official tools.

;

0 Kudos

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Not sure why we would do that now given that R77.x and earlier is End of Support and these tools are only relevant on those releases.

;

0 Kudos