Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPme - a simple tool to analyze your check point environment - for R80.20 and above

0x7c2
Participant
Participant

Hi all,

in the last few months, I created a tool which helps you to analyze your running Check Point environment. The tool provides several checks for your Security Gateway and also for the Security Management.

I know, that there are already some really good tools and scripts - but with another point of view.

So I proudly announce CPme to you, released as an open source tool:

https://github.com/0x7c2/cpme

Some screenshots:

CPme.png

cpme_gaia

cpme_health

cpme_files

cpme_performance

cpme_troubleshooting

Mayb

...;
TO ACCESS CHECKMATES TOOLBOX it's simple and free

Disclaimer: Check Point does not provide maintenance services or technical or customer support for third party content provided on this Site, including in CheckMates Toolbox. See also our Third Party Software Disclaimer.

6 Replies

Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Wow Simon, what an outstanding first post on this community!  👍

Looks like you've spent a huge amount of effort and passion developing CPme. I'm overwhelmed by the outstanding level of Check Point expertise involved in this Python script that it really surprises me how many issues I had navigating through the menu by entering numbers, not being able to go back when I don't want to execute something (such as fw monitor) and that I can't leave the script by pressing ESC whenever I wa

...;

0 Kudos

0x7c2
Participant
Participant

Hi Danny,

thank you for the feedback.
Seems that next step for CPme is: Optimizing the „GUI“ 😉 That shouldn't be an impossible task, but as far, it was not in focus of me. 

;

0 Kudos

G_W_Albrecht
Legend
Legend

Nice work - but i have found that input values are not checked, so invalid input will crash the script e.g.here:

+-v0.23---------------------------------------------------------------by-0x7c2-+
| Troubleshooting Options |
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| 1. Run fw monitor with filter |
| 2. Run tcpdump with filter |
| 3. Run tcpdump, capture fragmented packets |
| 4. Run zdebug with options |
| 5. Print connection table - raw |
| 6. Print conne

...;

0 Kudos

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

@_Val_ looks like a candidate for Toolbox.

;

0x7c2
Participant
Participant

2020-12-11_14-31.png

Just uploaded a preview of CPme, version 2.
Main improvements:
---> user interface

@Danny : Maybe it's more intuitive for you 😉

Preview is available in seperate repository:
https://github.com/0x7c2/cpme2

The preview is actual missing some checks for management server, and all troubleshooting shortcuts.
They will be added soon.

;

0 Kudos

Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Looks really good.. navigation is so much easier now. I failed to use the integrated search function and couldn't quit the script via ctrl-c. As you mimic the look&feel of cpview I initially expected it to behave similar. It took me some time to realize that some views don't have contents when shown and load contents afterwards. Overall you created an amazing tool that fully surpizes me by level of knowledge, execution and vision/passion. I'm glad to see people like you around here in thi

...;