cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benoit_Verove
Contributor

Scalable platform and support plans

Hi,

I'm working on a project involving 44k platforms. The customer would like to have a direct access to the TAC with onsite replacement.

The PREMIUM support plan with the ONSITE option could fit his needs.

Since the remplacement of a 44K is much more complex than the replacement of an appliance, I was wondering if the ONSITE option was available for the scalable platform.

Thanks for your answers.

Benoit

8 Replies
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Couple of years ago when we bought our 41k pair, you could only purchase it with 9 days of Professional Services support included. 5 onsite and 4 remote. That would cover migration. But things usually differ from region to region and customer to customer. So ask your account manager or SE.

We did it ourselves at the end. Month of planning and lab testing but at the end faultless migration Smiley Happy

Sean_Van_Loon
Contributor

Hi Kaspars, 

Recently I received training for Scalable Platform, and from what I understood was that the Professional Services were required to setup and validate the setup.

If not used, the Scalable Platform would not be supported by TAC.

So what did you do in your particular case?

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Sean

0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

We did nothing special - as said earlier it's hard to comment on such matters, your account manager and sales engineer should be able to confirm. But I would doubt that platform would be "un-supported". 

0 Kudos
Oral_Mohan
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Professional Services is certainly strongly recommended, but as long as you have purchased a support contract, Check Point will support it.

_Val_
Admin
Admin

ONSITE is definitely an option. However, knowing the platform for many years, I can attest that the maintenance is actually less tricky than with with regular appliances. With scalable, every element is redundant and can be replaced easily. SSM or SGM, in case of failure you just put out the blade and put RMA one in, then the magic happens 🙂 CMM or power & vent replacement is even easier. 

What is tricky, that is initial configuration. For that you usually have a jumpstart package where 5 days of onsite PS is included.

Another tricky part is about patching, but it is much better now than a couple of years back.

Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Totally agree - from our experience, the platform was so stable the first year that we never logged in and forgot all asg commands

Lari_Luoma
Ambassador Ambassador
Ambassador

9 PS on-site days (4 off-site, 5 on-site) is still an option and strongly recommended for customers without prior knowledge of the platform. Even if you have experience with the platform before, but are now implementing more complex environment, the jumpstart package is still recommended. The biggest difference between the chassis and regular appliances is that the chassis balance load between the SGMs. If the distribution is incorrectly configured it can cause problems in the future and changing it can be challenging in production.  In SP50 we also introduced a bunch of new features like L4 CoreXL and L4 distribution that you should be aware of and make sure they are correctly configured.

Mirko_Kürten
Employee
Employee

Hi,

i have customer with many appliances 61K. I propose to add Diamond Service to your customer, it will help a lot in the case of SRs.

BR

Mirko

0 Kudos