Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esger_Mutsaerts
Explorer

Multiple routing domains within VS

I'm wondering if it's possible to have the concept of a VRF or separate routing domain within a VSX virtual system. The virtual system itself is a separate routing domain but I'm talking about multiple routing tables within a single VS.

Cisco Nexus has a concept of VDC (Virtual Device Contexts) where multiple VRFs can be created within a single VDC. It's this the kind of functionality that I'm looking for.

The platform is 61K chassis (multiple chassis in VSLS with VSX) but perhaps this could be a question for VSX in general.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I believe you can do multiple OSPF instances even with scalable platforms.
It's mentioned in the R76SP Admin Guides.
0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

With scalable platforms you have the concept of security groups, each security group can either be a Security Gateway or VSX Gateway, this is similar to the VDC arrangement.

Refer: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R76SP.50/CP_R76SP.50_SecuritySystem_UpgradeGuide/html_frameset....

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
kobil
Employee
Employee

each VS has its own routing domain which at the moment cannot be additionally split (its global per VS), this capabilities regarding routing domain is the same as in normal VSX (in non chassis environment)

0 Kudos