cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Chassis performance monitoring

Just wondering if there is any interest at all in this as we are about to give up on our chassis.

I wrote a script that created nicely grouped MRTG (yes yes, I'm old as a dinosaur!) graphs regarding chassis.

You get chassis level view on CPU and Backplane usage on all SGMs

image.png

CPUs stats will have any CoreXL config included and will cater for Hyperthreading by placing siblings next to each other

image.png

Then you have "VS overview" stats across all VSes with four main KPIs (throughput, Concurrect connections, CPS and PPS)

image.png

And lastly "per VS" view where you can select any VS that you have configured

image.png

and then get per SGM and total stats for all KPIs above plus virtual memory usage (since it's still 32bit kernel so you need to watch out, especially on VSX)

image.png

None of the "off-shelf" tools that we had didn't really cater for "chassis" plus VSX matrix so I ended up going back to MRTG  as it gave me one screen collections that I wanted.

But now we are about to give up on chassis after 4 years so this will go to bin..

If there's any interest out there I could polish those scripts and dump them here.

7 Replies
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

I don't know if we could port it to be used with Maestro Orchestrator and CheckMK?
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Hmm, I'm guessing that command outputs would be different when I collect data in R76SP50.. We can take it via PM if you want - I would probably need couple of command output samples just to verify that it parses info correctly
0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Nicely done, @Kaspars_Zibarts 

0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Four years too late I'm afraid as we just bought 26800 instead of 41K 🙂 so this effort will go into bin
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Post it here for other ppl to use

0 Kudos
Edison_Aguayo
Participant

Please Kaspars_Zibarts post the scripts so the community will benefit

EA

0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Sorry guys - been way too busy and on holidays so haven't had time to "clean" it up before publishing. Lots of manual steps still that I need to convert to script 🙂 WIP!

0 Kudos