Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abhishek_Kumar1
Collaborator
Jump to solution

checkpoint 440000 configuration

Hi All - 

I am new in checkpoint chasis deployment.

i have 44000 chassis with 3 SGM and 2 SSM.

i go through the deployment guide. now i am clear about how we can install the hardware prospective.

my concern for os deployment os level configuration.

after installtion of all hardware we will install the letest R80.20 scalable OS on all SGM.

should we run first time wizard on all SGMs or we can run through SSM. correct me if i am wrong, we can configure all interface and routing though the SSM through CLI?

or is there any option to configure through GUI ?

and also want to know how we reset the SIC.

if any one have any step by step configuration, please share the same.

Regards

Abhishek 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AHMADAHUSEN
Participant

Dear Abhishek,

SSM is like switch module, there is no need to run first time wizard, but you can upgrade the firmware of SSM.

SGM module is gateway and you you have to run first time wizard on all SGM(First run on SMO, SMO will paly very vital rule in scalable platform). 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

This should be posted in the "Scalable Platforms" section.

Please refer to the "Workflow" in the Check Point R80.20SP Getting Started Guide.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
AHMADAHUSEN
Participant

Dear Abhishek,

SSM is like switch module, there is no need to run first time wizard, but you can upgrade the firmware of SSM.

SGM module is gateway and you you have to run first time wizard on all SGM(First run on SMO, SMO will paly very vital rule in scalable platform). 

0 Kudos
Abhishek_Kumar1
Collaborator
sorry to select wrong corner, it was selected bymistake.
and thanks for your help. i go through these document now i am bit clear on deployment.
0 Kudos
Abhishek_Kumar1
Collaborator
HI

I am getting below error while running setup

NMSETH0029 Interface not in the right format, assuming it's invalid interface Sync
CLICMD0159 Error at line 1. Could not execute all commands successfully.
could you please help me on that?
0 Kudos
Norbert_Bohusch
Advisor
In my opinion, if you have no experience with 44k, you should either involve a Check Point Partner with experience or Check Point Professional Services!
Abhishek_Kumar1
Collaborator

Thanks all for your help and suoport. We installed the 44000 series. But i have few query if any one can help on that.

1. How to add new SSM in existing setup.

2. We have configurrd one mgmt interface and we can dirrctly connect to the chasi. If i want to make one interface as DMZ and MGMT in same interface? So that we can manage out chasis through our lan.

3 how remove the CMM bettry cover 

0 Kudos