cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohansingh277
Explorer

SSH not working both Active and Standby firewalls

Hi All,

We had to close the vulnerabilities on 44k appliance Active and Standby firewall. The Vulnerability is SSH Weak MAC Algorithms Supported. To close this vulnerability I performed one SK article sk106031 and followed the below steps:-

"For Scalable Platform, adding the 2 lines to /etc/ssh/ssh_config will result in an error "No matching cipher found" when attempting to SSH to an SSM. Only add these 2 lines to /etc/ssh/sshd_config

Ciphers aes128-ctr,aes192-ctr,aes256-ctr

MACs hmac-sha1

After modifying sshd_config, copy this file to each SGM ( expert# asg_cp2blades -b all sshd_config ) and then restart SSHD (expert# g_all service sshd restart)"

After adding above two lines in the sshd_config file in Active firewall and i ran the command ( expert# asg_cp2blades -b all sshd_config ) and retstart the sshd services and close the session.

After that we were not able to take SSH access of both Active and Standby firewall.

Please provide any solution so that reslove this issue.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

You need to restore the original files. Most likely, you have made a typo that is causing SSH to crash. Get console connection and restore the files manually. I hope you did back them up before making changes

0 Kudos
rohansingh277
Explorer

Hi,

I don't have backup file. Is there any other way?

0 Kudos