cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Rolbin
Contributor

61000/64000 VSX Cluster

Good day,

I cannot find proper information about how to build 61000/64000 VSX VSLS and VSX ClusterXL (not clear from the documentation if ClusterXL supported or not). 

To confirm the basic configuration of the chassis, I tested and configure single VSX with any number of VSs successfully.

How to configure 61000/64000 VSX Cluster in Management GUI and on 2 chassis the right way and order of operations?

8 Replies
Oral_Mohan
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

SP platform use their own clustering. In management, you need to create a VSX GATEWAY object, not a cluster. VSLS configuration is covered in the Admin Guide in the chassis GCLISH. Contact me offline for more details if you need.

0 Kudos
Michael_Rolbin
Contributor

Hi Oral, (trying to reach you in social nets) is the right order is:

1. Configure chassis HA configuration

2. Configure a single VSX in MGMT and push it to the chassis (thru SMO).

3. Configure VSLS on the chassis

0 Kudos
Oral_Mohan
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Essentially yes -> 

1. Set up the chassis side (initial setup, security groups, licensing, JHF)

2. Create mgmt VSX object and SIC with chassis SMO.

3. Wait for completion + chassis reboot due to VSX config.

4. Create VS's in Mgmt.

4. Follow the admin guide steps under "Working with VSLS" for the VSLS setup.

0 Kudos
Michael_Rolbin
Contributor

Thank you! For step 1 - do I need to configure chassis HA at this stage?

0 Kudos
Oral_Mohan
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

The primary and secondary chassis will auto-detect each other once Sync interfaces are connected. There is nothing to configure except adding SGMs from the secondary chassis to the security group to create the cluster. If you ordered a single chassis to begin with and are adding a new chassis, there is a possibility that the chassis ID on the new chassis will be "1". This needs to be changed to "2" on the CMMs in order to make it a secondary chassis (see SK111082 and others)

0 Kudos
Michael_Rolbin
Contributor

"There is nothing to configure except adding SGMs from the secondary chassis to the security group to create the cluster." - means to add to the security group of the Primary chassis?

0 Kudos
Oral_Mohan
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

On the SMO typically (can be done during initial setup). The Security Group is shared on both chassis and can be edited on any SGM once they are Sync'd to the SMO.

0 Kudos
Michael_Rolbin
Contributor

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos