cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoD
Contributor

Privacy and TE100X

Hi,

We have plan to buy TE100x for our firm.

My primary concerns is about privacy,
if I understand well all SandBlast Threat Emulation is done on site (TE100X) not in the cloud ?

About TE100X and Threat Emulation, Treat Extraction and Threat Prevention,
all this services is running on volatile memory 16GB, or on non-volatile memory (Hard Disk) ?

Also about HTTPS inspection, we received about 80% email and files from GoDaddy server (secureserver.net- SSL or TSL) other 20% email and files we received from Gmail,Yahoo email and Outlook.com email server.

My question is these any troubleshooting about receiving email from these server and HTTPS inspection on TE100x ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If you buy a TE1000X and configure your NGTX gateways to use it (versus the cloud), then file Emulation will happen locally.
Note that both disk and memory is used in this process (Emulation in memory, disk to store original files if Threat Extraction is used and you allow people to retrieve original files).
HTTPS Inspection and MTA is done locally on your regular gateways.
However, if they encounter files that need to be emulated per your Threat Prevention policy, they are sent to your TE1000X.
Yes, we have guides for these things in SecureKnowledge.
RoD
Contributor

Hi PhoneBoy,

We have plan to buy TE100x with NGTX licence.

If I understand well only when Threat Extraction is running sensitive data (files) is store on hard disk,
otherwise if only Threat Emulation and Threat Prevention is running then all data (files) is stored in memory ? (16GB)

About 16 GB memory, this memory can store a lot of data (files),
please tell me is it possible to extract these files from memory is someone steal TE100X ?
Is it possible to erase 16 GB memory from time to time ?

About HTTPS inspection, what is a best and most secure to generate certificate PKCS#12 (private key with password) or PKCS#10 ?

Thank you

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)