cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Almar_Diehl
Explorer

Sandblast Mobile blocks IMAP and POP3

Hi,

I have a problem with the Sandblast Mobile app on Android. Whenever I install the app I can no longer use any IMAP or POP3 mail-profiles on my device. It looks like these ports (143 and 110) are being blocked.

Anyone else seeing this happen? I am using the latest version of the app on a Nokia 8 running Android 8.1

Regards,

Almar

3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

As far as I know, the app does not have the ability to block access to IMAP or POP3.

Even if we do block something you would get a push notification to the effect that SandBlast is blocking access per policy?

Can you post a screenshot of any messages you are receiving related to this?

0 Kudos
Almar_Diehl
Explorer

Hi Dameon,

I do not think that the block is intended as per a policy. I do not get any error message, it is just that mail synchronization stop. When creating a new IMAP or POP3 profile on my device I do get the message that the server can't be reached. Immediately after removing then Sandblast Mobile app mail synchronization starts again and I can also create new profiles.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It's possible that the new feature set of SandBlast with New Capability for ONP: URL Filtering‌ may be causing an issue here.

That said, as far as I know, it shouldn't cause issues with IMAP and POP3.

I recommend you open a case with our TAC so we can investigate.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events