cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Location of the Site information in Endpoint Client

I need to remotely remove the site and recreate a new one on 50-100 laptops, where the user has no admin rights, when we try to remove the site in the client, it says Firewall active cannot delete site.

The laptops have version E80.71 on them and they are showing issues after we replaced a single R77.30 with a cluster of R80.10 appliances. Disconnect after 20 sec and reconnects but no data getting through. 

Is there a way to remove the site from the configuration through removing a file?

Regards, Maarten
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I believe the file is called trac.config.

What I would do is:

1. Shutdown the client by right-clicking on the client's icon om the taskbar and choosing "Shutdown Client".
  2. Stop the Check Point Endpoint Security VPN service in the Windows Services console.
  3. Replace the file with a working copy.
  4. Start the Check Point Endpoint Security VPN service in the Windows Services console
  5. Start the client and connect.
0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Thanks Dameon,

For now we found another option, just create a new site, different name but same IP, connect using the new site and after that remove the old site. On the management side I deleted the certificate on the old gateway and then saved the gateway with VPN turned off.  Now the clients work fine again.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Or you could do that.    

0 Kudos
Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events