Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdunn
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Issues with IE and SandBlast Extension; GPO deployment may be helpful?

I've come to find that our SandBlast Browser Extension causing IE to freeze for users. This specific issue started at the attempt to deploy users to Endpoint client version e80.88. 

Typically, after start-up, (as we have our users restart their machines each evening before they leave), the issue will occur after they open IE for the first time. From my understanding, once they've force closed the program using Task Manager, the issue goes away until they come in the next morning. 

This has caused me to stall my upgrades. 

I have a ticket open with Check Point already, but kind of have run into a dead end. Most of what I've figured out is from me bumbling around on a computer toggling various configurations.

The conclusion that I've come to is-

1. This, obviously, does not happen when SandBlast is disabled.
  2. This does not happen with environments outside of our domain.
  3. This does not happen when our start-up scripts are disabled.
  4. This does not happen when Silverlight is disabled. 
  5. It *does* happen regardless of whether or not compatibility mode is toggled.
  6. It does not happen in Firefox or Chrome. (But we *need* IE for certain web applications.)

So, the common denominators, outside of SandBlast itself, seem to be our start-up scripts and Silverlight. These items are controlled by GPO. With that in mind, would implementing SandBlast in IE serve as a fix. AND, if so, *where* exactly would I need to make the modifications?

I've read sk108695 and it has more detail in regards to how to manage Firefox and Chrome. (Example: What registry path is needed, etc.)

I'm not a GPO admin, but I would likely have to tell our admins how to deploy this properly. 

7 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

There's a note about deploying the agent via GPO here: Check Point SandBlast Agent for Browsers 

That said, it sounds like an incompatibility issue possibly with Silverlight or similar. 

0 Kudos
sdunn
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

I did review this sk and it seems to be more specific to Chrome and Firefox, from what I can tell. Is there a section that specifies IE deployment?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

There are sections specific to Chrome and Firefox, yes.

The "Deploying SandBlast Agent for other Browsers" section should be relevant for IE, at least as I understand it.

0 Kudos
Ziv_Sahar
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi Dameon,

The issue you described is a known bug which introduced in version 80.88,
the issue usually occurs when running IE and navigating to a trusted site (like internal company site) 
we have a CFG version for it based on E80.90, it is called E80_90_CFG_13.
the fix is also available with version 80.92 which was released last week.
please let me know if you have nay other issue

0 Kudos
sdunn
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Oooo! This is news!

0 Kudos
Steve_Lander
Collaborator

Upgrading to E80.92 fixed our IE issues with the Sandblast plugin.  

0 Kudos
Katelyn_Eubanks
Contributor

Yes, 80.92 resolved this issue for us as well. 

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events