cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post a Question

I'm trying to install a sandblast endpoint, but I get this warning message. What should I do?

I'm trying to install a sandblast endpoint, but I get this warning message. What should I do?

message : Check Point Endpoint Security requires Administrator privileges. Log on as an administrator and then retry this installation.

6 Replies
Kim_Moberg
Silver

Re: I'm trying to install a sandblast endpoint, but I get this warning message. What should I do?

Hi

I had the same issue.

Run cmd-prompt as administrator.

Navigate to the folder of the installation file

Enter msiexec /i epm.msi

Or just Enter the file name epm.msi

Then it will install

Best regards

Kim

Best Regards
Kim
Happy__
Nickel

Re: I'm trying to install a sandblast endpoint, but I get this warning message. What should I do?

SK108354 

msiexec /i "DRIVE:\path_to_EPS.msi_file\EPS.msi" /l*v C:\EPS_install.log

0 Kudos

Does anybody knows what is the cause of this issue?

I am trying to install it on a laptop with Domain admin rights and still get this error 

0 Kudos

Try logging in as local admin if installing manually, or if using software deployment, have it installed under local system.

0 Kudos

Just found out from Check Point support that it is not possible to install it by double clicking on the package. Which is bad if you want to test it manually. The only way is to use msiexec or as Steve mentioned to use software deployment (GPO,SCCM)

0 Kudos
Employee
Employee

Hi Shahar, that's incorrect - it is possible to install EPS.msi files manually, just by running the file as an admin. 

You can do this using Start -> run -> cmd, then do a run as Administrator.

From there, find the folder where the EPS.msi is located, and then type eps.msi and it will install fine.