Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arun_R
Collaborator
Jump to solution

Endpoint policy Server Query

Dear Team,

I have some concern about my endpoint policy server.

Am I able to open Smart Endpoint Console for my Policy Server.?

Is there is any limitation and best practice to do if I am having policy Server.?

I am quite excited with Endpoint and Policy Server I am always looking any new blogs for this.

Can anyone share any blogs/groups where I can get explore and collect the details about it.

-Arun.R

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tom_Kendrick
Employee
Employee

Hi Arun R, no, policy servers can't be connected to by a GUI.

You can connect to only the primary or secondary management server.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Tom_Kendrick
Employee
Employee

Hi Arun R, no, policy servers can't be connected to by a GUI.

You can connect to only the primary or secondary management server.

Arun_R
Collaborator

Thanks Tom.

I own you, thanks for the assist.

0 Kudos
Tom_Kendrick
Employee
Employee

You should be able to connect to it with something like Smart Log though assuming it's also a log server Smiley Happy The policy server isn't a Endpoint Security server for an Admin to use, it's mainly for clients to connect onto to upload logs to, and get packages.

You will find in R80.20 Management, when running policy servers, you can sign into the primary Endpoint Security Server, and see the logs for each event, as well as the forensics reports, regardless of which Endpoint or Policy server /Log Server the log and forensics report got transferred to by the client PC.

To also not have issues with Forensics reports ("Failed to fetch the file" error), ensure you don't have log forwarding enabled on the EPS or PS in the environment - the log and associated forensics data need to be together on the same server to which the client sent it.

0 Kudos
Arun_R
Collaborator

Thank you so much Tom.

I am currently working two different clients where I am managing two policy server on both locations.

Few queries:

How can I generate forensics report from Endpoint Server.

Can I generate the compliance report in Endpoint Server location wise.?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events