We are happy to announce the release of R81.10 for Quantum spark 1500\1600\1800 Appliances
With the release of our new Quantum Spark R81.10 version, Check Point introduces code alignment between our Quantum Spark product line with the Quantum R81.10 Security Gateway release.
This major Quantum Spark release adds many new capabilities, as well as a wide range of stability and performance improvements.
This release supports locally managed only (Local + SMP). Centrally managed is supported at EA level.
Enhancement and New Features (Locally Managed)
- Improve and Simplify SSL inspection operation
- Some network devices do not support installation of an SSL certificate, therefore making SSL inspection not possible.
- When you use the gateway capability to automatically sense and identify network elements, you can now select on which network element SSL inspection is enabled.
- Gateway administrators have full control on which network elements SSL inspection will operate:
- Desktops and laptop are automatically selected, and other network devices can be easily added.
- You can also select bypassing inspection on MacOS devices.
- Smart Accel – (EA level)
- Improves gateway performance by accelerating low risk traffic sources:
- Video streaming (Netflix, YouTube, Spotify)
- Well known corporate services (Microsoft, Google, Apple, Check Point Services)
- Social Media services (Facebook, Tiktok)
- Web Conferences (Skype, WebEx, Zoom)
- Password Complexity
- Set password complexity as high to harden the Gateway Admin Password
- Password length, number of different characters, Password history, Password Expiration
- Updatable objects and FQDN in the Rule Base
- Use fully qualified domain name (FQDN) object in the Access Policy.
- VoIP improvements
- Enable bidirectional traffic with the SIP provider service when SIP traffic inspection is disabled.
- VPN Monitoring
- New information was added to the VPN tunnels monitoring page
- Support Radius 2.0 server
- FTP AV - Inspect FTP protocol by Anti-Virus Software Blade
- ZScaler (VPN 3rd party) support
- Mirror port
- Allows duplicating all the traffic that goes through one or more LAN ports, into one of the other LAN ports.
- TCPDump via WebUI
- Additional capabilities for TCPdump tool. Includes additional filters, custom filter and RT output.
- The Quantum Spark R81.10 release is supported only on the new 1500\1600\1800 Series Security Gateways.
- Embedded Gaia software inherits its code base from the R81.10 GA version of enterprise appliances. Therefore, although not specifically mentioned, the R81.10 Quantum Spark Gateways inherit all maintrain limitations (see sk170418).
- As the majority of R&D efforts will now shift to R81.10 code base, we encourage our customers to start evaluating and migrating to the new code base
- R80.20.xx code base for 1500\1600\1800 Series Security Gateways will continue to be supported, in the near future – with further releases, and in the medium term – with stability, performance and bug fixes only
For additional info, please refer to sk179004