cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeeBingKang
Advisor
Jump to solution

Get full on "/logs" directory in SMB locally manage appliance

Recently, found out one of my client smb firewall's /logs directory was full.

disk space.PNG

As I observe on the mentioned directory, i found out several files in the directory and i can't confirm which can be deleted.

Capture.PNG

Hence, i appreciate if someone can help me on identifying which files are safe to be deleted.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
HristoGrigorov

"core" file is the one that takes a lot of space and it is safe to be removed. This is a crash dump file and it is generally good idea to download it to a remote computer and open TAC case for CheckPoint to investigate it. 

messages-*.gz are also safe to remove but those are very small in size and not much space will  be freed.

View solution in original post

G_W_Albrecht
Legend
Legend
0 Kudos
7 Replies
HristoGrigorov

"core" file is the one that takes a lot of space and it is safe to be removed. This is a crash dump file and it is generally good idea to download it to a remote computer and open TAC case for CheckPoint to investigate it. 

messages-*.gz are also safe to remove but those are very small in size and not much space will  be freed.

LeeBingKang
Advisor

Hi. Appreciate for your feedback on my question.

0 Kudos
G_W_Albrecht
Legend
Legend
0 Kudos
HristoGrigorov

This SK makes me laugh. Let's first dump core file and then tell the customer to just go and delete it. Absolute nonsense.  

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

This is not what the SK says. It says, 100% utilization is explained by an existing core dump. Once core dump file deleted, it should be back to normal. 

Also, I personally do not find your comment helping anyone here. Let's all be just a bit more professional, thanks.

0 Kudos
HristoGrigorov

@_Val_  It is not professional to dump core and then ask the customer to just delete it without opening TAC case. Even more, silently dumping core files and not letting customer know about this is even more unprofessional. Hope it is a bit more clear now.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

There is a feedback form in the SK, and you are welcome to use it.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events