cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post a Question

SSH Banners - Embedded

Jump to solution

Good Evening - 

Can anyone share the steps for creating an SSH banner in embedded GAIA?  It is no problem on every other gateway/platform that we have - but I come to a 1450 (R77.20.75)  or an 1100 (R77.20.60) and it is no dice. 1100s have an /etc/issue file that can be configured - but there appears to only be a symbolic link to the ssh location - which then points to what appears to be a complete 'symbolic pathway'?? /etc/ssh --> /var/ssh/ - so that would appear to rule out configuring sshd?

The 1450's seem to have the same symbolic link to ssh, but they seem to lack an /etc/issue file.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: SSH Banners - Embedded

Jump to solution

set message

Description

Configures a banner message for the SSH administrator login

Syntax

set message <type> { on | off } [ line ] [ msgvalue <msgvalue> ]

Parameters

Parameter

Description

msgvalue

Indicates the banner messages text

Type: virtual

status

Indicates if a banner message for SSH login will appear

Type: Boolean (true/false)

type

Indicates the type of the message (only banner supported)

Options: motd, banner, caption

Example

set message motd true line msgvalue “My Banner message”

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hello Thomas,

Try these lines on clish:

set message banner msgvalue " ######################################################################" on
set message banner msgvalue " #....................................................................#" line on
set message banner msgvalue " #.......................ALERT! Beware of the DOG!....................#" line on
set message banner msgvalue " #....................................................................#" line on
set message banner msgvalue " #......................Please don't feed the birds...................#" line on
set message banner msgvalue " ######################################################################" line on

Jump to solution

set message

Description

Configures a banner message for the SSH administrator login

Syntax

set message <type> { on | off } [ line ] [ msgvalue <msgvalue> ]

Parameters

Parameter

Description

msgvalue

Indicates the banner messages text

Type: virtual

status

Indicates if a banner message for SSH login will appear

Type: Boolean (true/false)

type

Indicates the type of the message (only banner supported)

Options: motd, banner, caption

Example

set message motd true line msgvalue “My Banner message”

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Ok - piece of cake - so i have my:  set message banner on "text..................." and and everything works well. BUT, i realized that there is a mistake in the middle and I want to correct it - how is this accomplished? Normally I would just vi the file. How do I edit and individual line in the config?  I tried <set message banner off> and then tried putting the correct banner back in - it just appends it and doubles it up?! How can I delete the original - there does not appear to be a command option delete banner / delete message?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Put the whole message again, but don't use "line on" on the first line:

set message banner msgvalue "Message Line 1" on
set message banner msgvalue "Message Line 2" line on
set message banner msgvalue "Message Line 3" line on