Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CP_SA
Participant
Jump to solution

SSH Banners - Embedded

Good Evening - 

Can anyone share the steps for creating an SSH banner in embedded GAIA?  It is no problem on every other gateway/platform that we have - but I come to a 1450 (R77.20.75)  or an 1100 (R77.20.60) and it is no dice. 1100s have an /etc/issue file that can be configured - but there appears to only be a symbolic link to the ssh location - which then points to what appears to be a complete 'symbolic pathway'?? /etc/ssh --> /var/ssh/ - so that would appear to rule out configuring sshd?

The 1450's seem to have the same symbolic link to ssh, but they seem to lack an /etc/issue file.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

set message

Description

Configures a banner message for the SSH administrator login

Syntax

set message <type> { on | off } [ line ] [ msgvalue <msgvalue> ]

Parameters

Parameter

Description

msgvalue

Indicates the banner messages text

Type: virtual

status

Indicates if a banner message for SSH login will appear

Type: Boolean (true/false)

type

Indicates the type of the message (only banner supported)

Options: motd, banner, caption

Example

set message motd true line msgvalue “My Banner message”

Regards, Maarten

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Pedro_Espindola
Advisor

Hello Thomas,

Try these lines on clish:

set message banner msgvalue " ######################################################################" on
set message banner msgvalue " #....................................................................#" line on
set message banner msgvalue " #.......................ALERT! Beware of the DOG!....................#" line on
set message banner msgvalue " #....................................................................#" line on
set message banner msgvalue " #......................Please don't feed the birds...................#" line on
set message banner msgvalue " ######################################################################" line on

Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

set message

Description

Configures a banner message for the SSH administrator login

Syntax

set message <type> { on | off } [ line ] [ msgvalue <msgvalue> ]

Parameters

Parameter

Description

msgvalue

Indicates the banner messages text

Type: virtual

status

Indicates if a banner message for SSH login will appear

Type: Boolean (true/false)

type

Indicates the type of the message (only banner supported)

Options: motd, banner, caption

Example

set message motd true line msgvalue “My Banner message”

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
CP_SA
Participant

Ok - piece of cake - so i have my:  set message banner on "text..................." and and everything works well. BUT, i realized that there is a mistake in the middle and I want to correct it - how is this accomplished? Normally I would just vi the file. How do I edit and individual line in the config?  I tried <set message banner off> and then tried putting the correct banner back in - it just appends it and doubles it up?! How can I delete the original - there does not appear to be a command option delete banner / delete message?

0 Kudos
Pedro_Espindola
Advisor

Put the whole message again, but don't use "line on" on the first line:

set message banner msgvalue "Message Line 1" on
set message banner msgvalue "Message Line 2" line on
set message banner msgvalue "Message Line 3" line on

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events