cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nikhil_Patil
Participant
Jump to solution

Can we creat PBR on 1430

Gaia r77.20 installed on 1430 appliance. There are 2 ISP link terminated on Checkpoint 1430 appliance with link fail-over configured. If ISP1 failed all traffic should pass through ISP2 except 192.168.10.20/24 (source IP) 172.16.0.50(destination IP) UDP 8594(service) traffic.

Please suggest how to configure PBR

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Pedro_Espindola
Advisor

There is no separate page for configuring PBRs in SMB. You do it the same way as with other static routes. The only difference is that you change the Source field from "Any" to the desired source.

When using PBRs in both SMB appliances and in enterprise appliances the route will go down if the selected ISP goes down.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Pedro_Espindola
Advisor

Hello Nikhil,

Do you want this connection to only use ISP1 even if it fails?

Could you be clearer about where those IP addresses are in your topology?

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Goto the static routes page of the device and add the route with all the parameters you need. That's all.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Nikhil_Patil
Participant

i went to "Routing" option click on "New" and below was the screen but there is no option as like PBR configuration. i have check product and admin guide. They mentioned PBR is supported but i could not locate PBR option

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R77.20.75/R77.20.75_600_700_AdminGuide/html_frameset.htm

Even if i configured specific service/source IP base route for ISP1, if ISP1 goes down all network traffic passed through ISP2(default route) and all ISP1 route inactive.

Pedro_Espindola
Advisor

There is no separate page for configuring PBRs in SMB. You do it the same way as with other static routes. The only difference is that you change the Source field from "Any" to the desired source.

When using PBRs in both SMB appliances and in enterprise appliances the route will go down if the selected ISP goes down.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events