cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
torro
Explorer

CP1100

Hi

We have replaced a checkpoint unit with a spare checkpoint unit (CP1100  R75.20.67)

There might be some basic configuration inconcistency and I would like to try and find out what.
There is a backup zip from the unit, but working with checkpoint devices is not my day to day job.

I'm trying to find out some of the basic configuration parts such as DNS, DHCP, WIN's etc from the backup but its easier said than done.

Can someon give a hint how to achieve that without trying to get hold of a CP1100 and restore the backup.

Thanks in advance

/T

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The backup zip file should contain a sqlite database, which contains the system configuration.
See also: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/SMB-Appliances-and-SMP/Downgrade-appliance-1450/m-p/14362
0 Kudos
torro
Explorer

Hi PhoneBoy
Many thanks for your prompt reply. I think this will solve my issue.
0 Kudos
torro
Explorer

Hi Again
I installed a SQL DBbrowser but I can't fint the db that I can open.
I fond one called System.db that one I could open but it's basically empty. The other one which I thought would contain the info was dynamic_objects.db in the fw1/database/ directory in the backup zip file. I wonder if I have the wrong tool or I'm at the wrong DB file?

Anyone that knows what the filename is and if I should use another tool. Currently I used Windows but I can move the file, when I know which one 🙂 to a Linux system and a preferred tool?

Again, many thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

system.db is the correct file.
At least in current firmware versions (R77.20.80), it is in sqlite3 format.
I confirmed, using both sqlite3 on Linux and DB Browser on Windows that I was able to see the contents of the database.
It's quite possible that in earlier versions of firmware, it is a different file.
It's also possible your backup is corrupt, in which case there's not much you can do.
0 Kudos
torro
Explorer

Hi
Yes I found most of the info in system.db now. It was slightly different between versions. What I could not find in system.db was DNS settings. I will check if I can find it elsewhere in the backup zip-file.
Many thanks for your support so far.
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events