cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create a Post

API support for SMB appliances

Hello,

Does anyone know if SMB appliances and API calls will be supported in the future

In this version (R80.10), I'm getting the following error :

{
"code": "err_validation_failed",
"message": "Operations with SMB gateways are unsupported"
}

8 Replies
Employee+
Employee+

Re: API support for SMB appliances

SMB appliances are currently on R77.20.XX, not R80 train code. That is scheduled for 2019 and I suspect REST API will be supported at that point.

0 Kudos
Admin
Admin

What's the exact call you are making?

It's true that you cannot create (or modify) SMB gateway objects with the API currently.

0 Kudos

This was a 'show-simple-gateway' call.

I'm trying to automate the creation of 70 SMB gateways over time, so creating the gateway, adding them to the appropriate VPN communities, creating network objects and adding them to the correct groups.

Not everything is possible with the API calls, creating a gateway is possible, but not a SMB gateway. Also setting an encryption domain is not possible.

So far my automation Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Highlighted

There are other possibilities to automate SMB first time config - from USB media with autoconf.clish files to the SMP Portal to Check Point SmartProvisioning Software Blade...

0 Kudos

Hello Günter,

It is not the first time config I want to automate, those SMB appliances are centrally managed, I want to automate the creation in Dashboard and first time policy install. I have created a script that creates a gateway and creates all the needed network objects, but I need to reconvert the gateway to a SMB gateway.

0 Kudos

The i would suggest a look into SmartProvisioning Administration Guide R80.20.M1.

0 Kudos

Hello Günter, thx for helping out, but SmartPovisioning is not an option either, it is too limited.

SmartLSM is not an option as the firewalls are to different.

With the API, i can get 90% of my work automated, so i'll stick to that. I'll just hope SMB appliances will be supported in the future to get this automation to 100% !

0 Kudos
Admin
Admin

SMB Gateway Objects cannot be created or modified through the API currently.

It's something we plan to address in later releases.