Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Linnie_Gooch
Explorer

1430 Setup for Management

I bought my first 1430 for my office, and I'd like to manage it using a management server so I can get the most out of the device. It appears the default web interface is somewhat limited in what I can do. So I have a few simple questions I'm hoping someone can answer for me so I can get the most out of my investment. 

1. Can I download and install the management server software in a VM or in AWS and manage the 1430 that way? 

2. Do I need to purchase any license to be able to manage the device? 

Thank you in advance. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

First, let's move this to the correct space: SMB and SMP

1430 are like most other appliances in that they can be externally managed by a Smart-1 appliance or a VM in a private/public cloud running R77.30 or above.

That appliance/VM must be licensed and it's not included in the purchase price of the 1430.

Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

If you work hard enough here you can take care of that 😉

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
0 Kudos
Linnie_Gooch
Explorer

Thank you for the quick reply. Can you tell me what license I'll need to manage this? I want to deploy my server in AWS, but I'm unclear what license I'll need. Currently I have 1 checkpoint at one site, but I'll most likely be buying more in the future. 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Based on current SKUs, the smallest thing you can buy is a CPSM-NGSM5 (allows for managing 5 gateways).

This can run on an Open Server or a VM in AWS, etc.

In AWS and Azure, you can also purchase the above through the marketplace as Pay as You Go. 

0 Kudos
Marco_Valenti
Advisor

In addition to Dameon statement you need it do deploy the appliance as central management during first time wizard

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events