cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeroen_Demets
Collaborator

1400 cluster setup vmac and mmagic

Hi,

for our clustersetups we normally configure vmac and mmagic on the gaia appliances.

The 1400 series however is running Gaia embedded and the old R77.20 and we were asked to create a locally managed cluster with them.

the sk's mentioning the necessary config require you to create (or edit) the fwkern.conf file

In $FWDIR/boot/modules/fwkern.conf

and put these lines in it (130, 131 is just an example value)

fwha_vmac_global_param_enabled=1

fwha_mac_magic=131

fwha_mac_forward_magic=130

but the sk's don't mention Gaia embedded.

Does this mean nobody does this?

What is your experience?

Jeroen

5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Keep in mind locally managed SMB appliances are not usually deployed in environments where this sort of change would be necessary.
I've never heard of anyone doing this on an SMB appliance, either.
Also pretty sure the clustering mechanism in locally-managed SMB appliances is a little different from regular ClusterXL.
That said, doesn't hurt to try it and report the results.
HristoGrigorov

I use VMAC on pair of 1470s but they are centrally managed and configured from SmartConsole.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Right, like I said, the clustering on locally managed SMB is a little different.
0 Kudos
Jeroen_Demets
Collaborator

I logged a ticket for this question and they said it is supported.

I tried it out with this:

echo "fwha_vmac_global_param_enabled=1">> $FWDIR/modules/fwkern.conf

echo "fwha_mac_magic=151">> $FWDIR/modules/fwkern.conf

echo "fwha_mac_forward_magic=150">> $FWDIR/modules/fwkern.conf

and rebooted and parameters remained.

About vmac, I saw on this thread below you can simply change this by going to the advanced options in the webui. It's also effective for both members and will survive reboot. So I'd say don't bother to edit the fwkern.conf if you can do it from the gui.

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/SMB-Appliances-and-SMP/ClusterXL-and-SMB-devices/m-p/38925#M1587

the magicmac is not there though but support said I could change the fwkern.conf

0 Kudos
DanielS
Employee
Employee

Out of interest, was the missing "boot" from the directory structure intentional, as they point to different directories,

$FWDIR/modules -> /fwtmp/opt/fw1/boot/modules

$FWDIR/boot/modules -> /pfrm2.0/opt/fw1/bin

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events