Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephen_Moreau
Participant

What is a reasonable 'Quality of service' with Capsule Connect

I am based in Ireland where there is a single Capsule Connect POP. Recently some of my clients (and myself as a user) are experiencing slowness and delays with Capsule Connect. Disconnecting the client immediately resolves the issue. When I look at the client and specifically at the 'Quality of service' value, it's showing around the 209 milliseconds mark. My immediate sense is that this is a large value but I need a point of reference. I have not paid attention to this pre-issue so cannot say if this is up on what it was previously. Can someone give me a steer here? What value is seen in other locales, especially ones with multiple POPs?

Thanks
Steve

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

bump

0 Kudos
Stephen_Moreau
Participant

Some additional info. I have been periodically reviewing the 'Quality of Service' values over the past couple of days and I am finding a large variance in the value. My original post had a value of 209ms but I have seen the value drop down as low as 16, It's not consistent (and perhaps that's understandable if there are lots of users on one POP), it can maintain a value for an hour or so and then jump up or drop down. I've looked at busy and quiet times of the day and it's inconsistent. I also cannot the value to the performance hit. When it's down at 19oms, it's a slow to load pages as when it's around 150 or above.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I would engage with the TAC on this so we can troubleshoot what's going on.
0 Kudos
Stephen_Moreau
Participant

Thank you, I have a SR open now. Today the QoS is 1489 btw. Struggling to work in this page while connected...

0 Kudos
Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events