cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tadhg_Cashman
Participant

Capusle Cloud Connection issue

Hello,

I am trying to setup capsule cloud at the moment for use with a mobile device (iphone).

We use an apn for our email connection and this is causing issues for me with capsule cloud. I just want the cloud to work on wifi which I have set. So when on mobile data it should not function and the apn should work however it does not.

I have added an exclude ip for our apn and have added a policy to exclude the apn ip also but whatever I do I cant get it to function properly. When I am on wifi the capsule works but when I go off the wifi I no longer get internet connection from my mobile data so cannot receive emails or connect to the internet. If I suspend capsule cloud my internet returns to my mobile data.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 Replies
Pablo_Barriga
Advisor

Hello try to configure this options on the vpn, sometimes the option Automatic Reconnect remains enable and the iphone gets blocked

capsule cloud

Tadhg_Cashman
Participant

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for your helpful reply.

I have tried what you suggested and it works when I disconnect from wifi and move to mobile data the first time. However then when I connect to wifi again it works as normal but when I leave the wifi network for the second time my data connection does not work again. No internet connection at all. If I turn wifi back on I get internet. If I suspend the vpn with wifi on I then get my mobile data back but this is not useful for my users. Any suggestion?

0 Kudos
Pablo_Barriga
Advisor

Hello , try to check if the options remains the same as the picture, the vpn service should always be On demand disable, also check if you have the last version. 

0 Kudos
Tadhg_Cashman
Participant

Hi Pablo. On demand is disabled and the latest version of capsule connect is on the device Version: 1.524.5  Same issues persist unfortunately.

Pablo_Barriga
Advisor

Hello Tadhg, I probably try to reinstall the client, but also on the capsule cloud console those features should be disabled. Also I recommend to create a ticket to this case, could be a unknown issue on the app.

0 Kudos
Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events