Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dave_Pisarek
Explorer

How to export Mobile Access rules

I am working on a R75 and looking to see if there is a way to export the rules for Mobile Access. I used Web Visualization Tool to view and export as xml but the rules we configured for mobile access are not part of that export. I am new to CP and needed to take over this device and would like to be able to view these rules in xml or html format. Anyway to do this?  

0 Kudos
13 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Mobile Access Rules are in a separate database that's not covered by the Web Visualization Tool.

As far as I know there is no way to export these, particularly from R75.

0 Kudos
Dave_Pisarek
Explorer

I did notice these lines in the cvpnd.c file. 

:useLocalSwsPolicyFlag (0)
:swsLocalPolicyFilePath ("$CVPNDIR/htdocs/SNX/CSHELL/CPSWS_LOCAL.xml"

I see that this is set to 0 so apprently not enabled as this file does not exist. If this was enabled what would be available in this file?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

This is related to SecureWorkspace and not the Mobile Access ruleset.

0 Kudos
Dave_Pisarek
Explorer

One more question, I can see the policy via the Smart Dashboard but I cannot figure out how to see the users or application details. Is there anyway through the dashboard to see the actual details of the objects?

Screen shot:

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

There should be a section called Applications, to the left of the rulebase. 

Likewise, the User Groups are below that.

It's possible these are in slightly different locations in earlier releases.

0 Kudos
Dave_Pisarek
Explorer

Hmm, when I take a look at the same screen as your example I have nothing listed...

Is there anywhere else to see these user groups? 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

They may be listed in LDAP Groups or Access Roles, depending on how it was set up.

0 Kudos
Kathleen_Murphy
Participant

Is there any way to export mobile access policy from R80.10?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Legacy MAB Rules? No. If you use a unified policy, MAB Rules can be exported the same as regular Access Policy rules.

0 Kudos
carlos_luz
Explorer

Hello @PhoneBoy ,

Today is there one way to export this rules ? Over API or directly on management?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Legacy MAB configuration does not have any API support or ability to export rules that I'm aware of.
If you are using the Unified Policy mode, then those rules can be exported through the Management API like any other.

0 Kudos
carlos_luz
Explorer

My customer need transfer rules of MAB to unified. There is one way to do this ? Or only get one-by-one rule and reply on the unified.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

There are no automated tools to convert from the legacy MAB policy to a Unified Policy.
It needs to be done by hand.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events