cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
delToro1
Contributor
Jump to solution

Configure VPN Remote Access with Public IP in a link with private address

Hello everybody, I am new on that platform and I have a doubt about the following design.

vpn-checkmates.png

I have a firewall cluster connected to Internet using a link with a private address range. I am able to do publications of public IP in order to forward traffic from internet to the LAN side, I already have configured the proxy arp for answer the ARP Request for the public address on the private link.

Now, i would like to deploy VPN Remote Access but I have the following question. Is It possible to configure VPN remote access following this architecture?

I would not like use NAT in the router for mapping the public address of the VPN to the Firewall private address in the private link.

I found this post, but not sure if it answers my question: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Remote-Access-VPN/Remote-Access-VPN-with-NATed-IP-Address/td-p/9...

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Eduardo_Eiros
Contributor

Hello

If you do not want to use a NATTed IP address, you will have to put the VPN Public IP in the main IP of the cluster object.

And the choose Main IP as the IP for Link Selection in the same cluster object.

Best regards

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Eduardo_Eiros
Contributor

Hello

If you do not want to use a NATTed IP address, you will have to put the VPN Public IP in the main IP of the cluster object.

And the choose Main IP as the IP for Link Selection in the same cluster object.

Best regards

delToro1
Contributor

Thank you very much @Eduardo_Eiros, following your recommendation it is working like a charm!!

🙂

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You will have to set up Link Selection on the VPN portion of the Cluster object to use the public IP.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events