Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimLofgren
Contributor
Jump to solution

site is not responding. you might be in a hotspot environment

Hello everyone,

I am getting this error  "Site is not responding.  You might be in a hotspot environment."  I was on the VPN when I was disconnected and upon the reconnection attempt I receive the message.  No changes were made to my VPN settings.  I added a change in the rules to allow access to a new network on the VPN rule.  I then updated my client policies to test the connection now allowed access to the network which it did.  I went on to do other work not related the CheckPoint Smart Console.  Within a few minutes I was disconnected and have not been able to figure out why I can't reconnect.  IPsec VPN and SSL VPN use different external IP addresses for connectivity and was set up by CheckPoint support about a month ago or so.  I double checked the settings with DB GUI tool to ensure those did not change and all is correct.  I have no idea what caused the vpn connection to start failing.  What else should I look at?

Tim

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimLofgren
Contributor

Actually, I am not sure what the issue was.  I noticed from SmartConsole that the gateway had 87% memory in use for some reason.  So I restarted the gateway and within a few minutes of it being back up the mem usage went back to a more normal level of around 8%.  I was then able to connect to the VPN at that time.  So, I am still confused on what happened since no changes had been made.  If it creeps back up I will make a new post.  Thanks for the suggestions PhoneBoy.

Tim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
Precise error messages, versions on gateway and client, and related log messages when you ret and connect might be helpful.
Might also try deleting and re-adding the site on the client as well.
0 Kudos
TimLofgren
Contributor

Actually, I am not sure what the issue was.  I noticed from SmartConsole that the gateway had 87% memory in use for some reason.  So I restarted the gateway and within a few minutes of it being back up the mem usage went back to a more normal level of around 8%.  I was then able to connect to the VPN at that time.  So, I am still confused on what happened since no changes had been made.  If it creeps back up I will make a new post.  Thanks for the suggestions PhoneBoy.

Tim

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events