Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wyman
Contributor
Jump to solution

VPN License Limits

Hi,

I'm trying to familiarise myself with Check Point licensing to see whether or not we have enough licenses for my colleagues to connect over our VPN.
We have had several users having issues connecting (office mode IP failure/connecting but not being able to access anything), and they connect in several ways:

SSL Network Extender in IE
Endpoint Security Mac client
SNX on the Mac terminal

I can see that for both gateways at our site there are 8 contracts containing a CPVP-SNX-5.... license (linked to the MGMT server), so I am assuming that these are allowing 40 users the ability to connect to the VPN via those gateways.

Within that, are there limitations on the amount of users that can connect via the Endpoint Mac client, for example? Or is the connection method irrelevant, as long as the number of connections don't exceed the license limit?

We've only started seeing connection issues since more of our staff have had to work remotely so I think it's to do with licensing (for example, people who usually connect via the Mac client had issues until I asked them to use the SNX on the Mac terminal.

I could be wrong of course, just want to get a better idea of what could be the cause of the issues.

Any insight is appreciated!
Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
SNX licenses are not sufficient to allow a Mac Endpoint client to connect, you need Endpoint licenses for that.
SNX licenses are sufficient for either the SNX client or Check Point Mobile on Windows to connect.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
SNX licenses are not sufficient to allow a Mac Endpoint client to connect, you need Endpoint licenses for that.
SNX licenses are sufficient for either the SNX client or Check Point Mobile on Windows to connect.
Wyman
Contributor

Thanks for the confirmation, PhoneBoy.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events