Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Josh_B
Contributor
Jump to solution

SCVEditor?

Hello,

Reading both the R77.30 VPN Administration Guide and R80.10 Remove Access VPN Administration Guide, there is a mention of tool called SCVEditor and that it is available at opsec.com. Is this tool still around? I wasn't able to find it there or by searching SecureKnowledge. 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

SCVEditor is a legacy tool for SecuRemote, which is no longer supported.

The last version I'm aware of is here: SCV Editor 

You would probably be better off using Endpoint Compliance checks instead.

View solution in original post

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
Endpoint Compliance checks are managed from Endpoint Management and are for the full Endpoint client.
The Mobile Access portal has a different set of compliance checks unrelated to that and those of SCV.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

SCVEditor is a legacy tool for SecuRemote, which is no longer supported.

The last version I'm aware of is here: SCV Editor 

You would probably be better off using Endpoint Compliance checks instead.

Josh_B
Contributor

Thanks Dameon, that is what I have been looking into.

SCV Editor is still mentioned in R80.10 documentation and the Remove Access Client for Windows Admin Guide  🙂 

0 Kudos
Lesther_Reyes
Participant

But the Endpoint compliance not work with client Endpoint Secure or Mobile, only with ssl portal.

This is correct?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
Endpoint Compliance checks are managed from Endpoint Management and are for the full Endpoint client.
The Mobile Access portal has a different set of compliance checks unrelated to that and those of SCV.
MiniNinja
Contributor

Using E87.50_Check Point VPN.msi, I performed the installation of Remote Endpoint VPN on Windows 10.
I would like to set up a policy compliance check before connecting, for example: antivirus is installed and enabled, Windows updates are installed, etc.

I do not understand how and under what conditions does the Endpoint Compliance Settings work? is this VPN client enough?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Endpoint Compliance requires Endpoint Security management.
If you're not using that, then this is configured via SCV: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/RemoteAccessClients_forWindows_AdminGuide/Content/Topics-RA-VPN... 

0 Kudos
(1)
Lesther_Reyes
Participant

I am try to use this file, but i receive this issues:

The Issues is with DataStruct.dll

Any idea?

Selection_187.png

0 Kudos
PickleBlaster
Explorer

Hi I'm new here but i'm hoping i could help,

after some deep research i found an old manual NGX manual referencing to the OPSEC SDKs:

1) download the old OPSEC_SDK_6_0.WIN32
Link: "https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal/user/anon/page/default.psml/media-type/htm..."
2) extract the tar.gz to some folder of your choice.
3) then put the file inside the "release.dynamic" folder so it will get all it will be a happy party with it's old DLLs.
"Check_Point_OPSEC_SDK_6.0_win32\OPSEC_SDK_6_0.WIN32.tar\OPSEC_SDK_6_0.WIN32\pkg_rel\lib\release.dynamic\SCVEditor.exe"

and... voila!

It's Alive!

SCVEditor.png

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events