cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul_Harrington
Participant
Jump to solution

Lost network connectivity uninstalling Endpoint VPN

We had a machine update to Windows 10 x64 1709, and it would pop up a warning the currently installed version of Endpoint VPN was not compatible.

I uninstalled Endpoint Client, but on the next reboot, I was unable to connect to any network, wired or wireless.

If I typed IPCONFIG, nothing is shown at all. IPCONFIG /ALL lists no adapters, just lists Host Name, Node Type, but not much else.

I tried using Windows 10 network reset option, but no luck. I also tried various netsh commands for resetting the network stack

The only option was to use System Restore to go back to an earlier point before Check Point Endpoint Security VPN client was installed.

I'm not sure of the version, but according to Apps and Features, it's 98.60.1031

How can I uninstall Endpoint VPN without breaking the network stack?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tmalmeida
Explorer

I recently had the same problem, even though it's old, in case anyone needs to leave what solved.
in C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\Endpoint Connect, execute
trac.exe stop
vna_utils.exe -d -ap vna dev remove_ex netvna.inf cp_apvna
vna_utils.exe -d -ap vna dev install netvna.inf cp_apvna

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

That definitely should not happen.

I recommend logging a case with the TAC: Contact Support | Check Point Software 

0 Kudos
Vincent_Chu
Employee
Employee

I had a case today reporting same issue which also brought my attention to this post. 

That client installed E80.72 which resolved the issue if you need a quick workaround. 

0 Kudos
Paul_Harrington
Participant

Does this mean they installed from USB, and installing the new version repaired the broken network stack?

0 Kudos
Vincent_Chu
Employee
Employee

Installed from USB, as in downloaded the E80.72 package and moved it over from using a USB then yes. 

0 Kudos
Paul_Harrington
Participant

This still seems to be happening, even with E80.72 installed.

Uninstalling E80.72, then reinstalling again seems to work. It seems that if anything changes the network driver/config/stack, Check Point breaks it completely.

Installing a new network driver seems to trigger this, as does updating Symantec Endpoint Protection 14 to 14.0 RU1 MP1, maybe also one of the latest cumulative updates to Windows 10

0 Kudos
Kosin_Usuwanthi
Collaborator

How to fixed this issue if we cannot use USB device ?

I found issue about sk116313 and after uninstall endpoint security agent the network connection is lost like this topic.

0 Kudos
Paul_Harrington
Participant

I tried a lot of things, but could never manually restore the network stack to a working state. Reinstalling Windows 10 was the only option.

Maybe you can transfer the file via bluetooth, sdcard, or CD?

0 Kudos
johnnyringo
Advisor

Just had this happen on my work laptop after trying to use Endpoint Security VPN E81.10 on Windows 10 Enterprise 1709 OS build 16299.1268. Pretty scary stuff. ipconfig /all showed no adapters.  Re-installing E81.10 did not fix it.  

Thankfully, installing and then un-installing the old E80.72 client thankfully did restore things back to normal.  I then re-installed E81.10 with the "Check Point Mobile" radio button and ran in to no issues.  

I'll try to get a test machine and then open a case with CheckPoint.  Personally, I'm more curious exactly what Endpoint Security does under the hood and how this could hose all network adapters like this.  

0 Kudos
tmalmeida
Explorer

I recently had the same problem, even though it's old, in case anyone needs to leave what solved.
in C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\Endpoint Connect, execute
trac.exe stop
vna_utils.exe -d -ap vna dev remove_ex netvna.inf cp_apvna
vna_utils.exe -d -ap vna dev install netvna.inf cp_apvna

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events