Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jacson_Ritzmann
Explorer

Endpoint Security VPN E80.64 for Mac CPU 100%

After installation of Endpoint Security VPN E80.64 when the vpn is disconnected the cpu goes to 100%, the volon is the process TracSrvWrapper.
Any solution to this problem?
0 Kudos
9 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

For what it's worth, I don't see this issue (and I use the client all the time) Smiley Happy

If you haven't already, I recommend opening a support case with our TAC: Contact Support | Check Point Software 

0 Kudos
Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

Is there a reason NOT to upgrade to at least E80.70?

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The latest version on the Mac is E80.64.

0 Kudos
Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

Which shows I have to up my endpoint skills 😉

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
0 Kudos
Nicolas_Krassas
Explorer

Hello,

I have the same issue after upgrading to macOS Catalina with Endpoint Security VPN E80.89.  

TracSrvWrapper consumes about 100% on a single core draining battery life in a rapid way.  

Unloading the daemon  (com.checkpoint.epc.service.plist) will cause the Endpoint VPN client to crash.

One more issue is that so far I don't see the proper sequence to load the daemon back in order to get Endpoint working again without having to restart the system.

0 Kudos
AlexBr
Explorer

I have the exact problem. Each time i need to use VPN i need to uninstall/install. 
the only solution i found is to use a cputhrottle to decrease the CPU usage for the trac process. 

Unfortunately this is also limiting the bandwidth a bit. 

I hope new release will solve it. 

0 Kudos
Nicolas_Krassas
Explorer

Hi, 

Since I couldn't find a solution so far I'm pausing the service and the GUI app with a small script. I'm sharing it here in case you want to do the same. 

Install pidof command from brew if you don't have it and use, 

#!/bin/bash
if [[ $1 == "stop" ]]
then
sudo kill -STOP `pidof TracSrvWrapper`
sudo kill -STOP `pidof Endpoint_`
fi

if [[ $1 == "start" ]]
then
sudo kill -CONT `pidof Endpoint_`
sudo kill -CONT `pidof TracSrvWrapper`
fi

That will pause (STOP) the Endpoint client and TracSrvWrapper that is causing the problem.  I noticed that if I was to pause only the TracSrvWrapper eventually Endpoint was crashing after some hours, I believe when it was hitting the re-key timeout, so pausing both seems to work fine for now.

0 Kudos
ITOIS_Network_A
Explorer

I have a similar problem, Tracsrvwrapper is always at 100%, I even can log in with the application in the VPN, I'm using 80.89

0 Kudos
Ohadfr
Explorer

if it's still relevant,

the following fixed it for me:

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal/user/anon/page/default.psml/media-type/htm...

File NameEndpoint_Security_VPN.dmg
ProductEndpoint Security VPN
VersionE82
OSmacOS 10.15

Regardless, I tried to correlate the issue to any latest changes that have been done on the system and was wondering if anyone else have the same setup.

the last thing installed on it was McAfee epo agent (EPP), but even after removing it (and all possible residues) the issue still persisted. finally the new agent resolve it.

Obviously the use of SNX was out of the question since Java is no longer support on Mac.

on an other Mac (Air, but same spec) the same client was running without any issue.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events