cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create a Post
Highlighted

Endpoint Security VPN E80.64 for Mac CPU 100%

After installation of Endpoint Security VPN E80.64 when the vpn is disconnected the cpu goes to 100%, the volon is the process TracSrvWrapper.
Any solution to this problem?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Admin
Admin

Re: Endpoint Security VPN E80.64 for Mac CPU 100%

For what it's worth, I don't see this issue (and I use the client all the time) Smiley Happy

If you haven't already, I recommend opening a support case with our TAC: Contact Support | Check Point Software 

0 Kudos

Is there a reason NOT to upgrade to at least E80.70?

0 Kudos
Admin
Admin

The latest version on the Mac is E80.64.

0 Kudos

Which shows I have to up my endpoint skills 😉

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the same issue after upgrading to macOS Catalina with Endpoint Security VPN E80.89.  

TracSrvWrapper consumes about 100% on a single core draining battery life in a rapid way.  

Unloading the daemon  (com.checkpoint.epc.service.plist) will cause the Endpoint VPN client to crash.

One more issue is that so far I don't see the proper sequence to load the daemon back in order to get Endpoint working again without having to restart the system.

0 Kudos
AlexBr
Ivory

I have the exact problem. Each time i need to use VPN i need to uninstall/install. 
the only solution i found is to use a cputhrottle to decrease the CPU usage for the trac process. 

Unfortunately this is also limiting the bandwidth a bit. 

I hope new release will solve it. 

0 Kudos

Hi, 

Since I couldn't find a solution so far I'm pausing the service and the GUI app with a small script. I'm sharing it here in case you want to do the same. 

Install pidof command from brew if you don't have it and use, 

#!/bin/bash
if [[ $1 == "stop" ]]
then
sudo kill -STOP `pidof TracSrvWrapper`
sudo kill -STOP `pidof Endpoint_`
fi

if [[ $1 == "start" ]]
then
sudo kill -CONT `pidof Endpoint_`
sudo kill -CONT `pidof TracSrvWrapper`
fi

That will pause (STOP) the Endpoint client and TracSrvWrapper that is causing the problem.  I noticed that if I was to pause only the TracSrvWrapper eventually Endpoint was crashing after some hours, I believe when it was hitting the re-key timeout, so pausing both seems to work fine for now.

0 Kudos