Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartConsole R80.20 (GA Build 067) now available

Yifat_Chen
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus
0 14 4,049

A new GA SmartConsole (Build #67) for R80.20 (Replacing Build #55)  is available. Please refer to sk137593

Release Highlight:

• Windows 10 with .Net framework 4.8 is not properly updated after scrolling up or down the name column in lists, combo box, pickers etc. 

For full content - please refer to sk137593 

Thanks, 

Release Management team  

14 Comments
Jonne_Hannon
Contributor

Hi Release Management team,

I have tried Build 67 for R80.20 SmartConsole and SmartConsole crashes when I try to open the "Device & License Information"  window.  I reported this in the Build 66 that I was given to test and was told it would be fixed in the next build.  Can you please fix this?

Thanks,

Jonne.

Nik_Bloemers
Advisor
I seem to have the same problem with some gateways/clusters. I get consistently disconnected when I click the Monitor button on some gateways, not others. I didn't have this issue with the previous GA SmartConsole build.
Yifat_Chen
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Can you please share the ticket number  ? i will make sure it will be part of next SC build.

Jonne_Hannon
Contributor

Hi Yifat,

The original ticket number was SR# 6-0001706660.  I was provided with Build 66 and reported that opening the "Device and License Information..." window crashed SmartConsole.  I was told that the issue would be fixed in the GA release.  The new ticket number is SR#6-0001750469.

Thanks,

Jonne.

Jesse
Contributor

Does this build work with R80.20.M2?

Yifat_Chen
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

No.

This SmartConsoel build can be installed over R80.20 GA with or without the Jumbo. 

Maik
Advisor

Is there any update regarding the issue with opening the "Device & License Information" window of gateways? I just updated the SmartConsole in order to find out that the described resolved issue is still present - in fact it is happening all the time now instead of just sometimes. With the current build I am unable to open the device and license information - regardless how often I try to do this. The SmartConsole just freezes and after a while I get the Windows error window that tells me that the application has crashed. I am unable to provide any debug information from the SmartConsole itself, as it does not present me the well known "Smart Console issue window" when something is going wrong - it simply crashes on the lower instance. It seems like the only way to get this resolved is to go back to build 55.

Jonne_Hannon
Contributor

good to know that I am not the only person in the world having trouble with the "Device & License Information" window.  I have a SR open with TAC, but no closer to getting the issue fixed.

CPIshai
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi All,

The bug was fixed and will be released as part of the next SmartConsole R80_20 release.

Thanks,
Ishai 

Maik
Advisor
Thanks for the update regarding this issue, Ishai. Good to know!
Nik_Bloemers
Advisor

Hello Ishai,

Is there any ETA on when this new version will be released?

Thanks in advance.

CPIshai
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi Nik, 

It seems that the version got into the QA cycles, the ETA is Mid Oct.

Thanks,
Ishai

Nik_Bloemers
Advisor

I saw that build 081 of SmartConsole was just released, but the Resolved Issues list doesn't mention anything about this crash scenario being fixed?

Yifat_Chen
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

@Nik_Bloemers 

Thanks for the update. The fix is part of this build and SK will be updated shortly 

Labels