Did you mean: 

R81.10 SmartConsole Build #412 has been released today

eranzo
Employee
Employee
0 9 2,626

eranzo_0-1673185089430.jpeg

Hi All,

R81.10 SmartConsole Build #412 has been released today and is available for download.

For more info please refer to SmartConsole documentation R81.10

New: Starting from R81.10, SmartConsole automatically updates to the latest recommended Build, as long as you have an Internet connection. It is not necessary to download and install newer builds manually.

Thanks,

Release Operations group

9 Comments
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I just installed it, wow, definitely seems much faster, great job!!

Robin_H
Contributor

Hello!

What´s the recommended best-practice, shall I uninstall the older version first or can I directly install the current version?

(so far the auto-update didn´t work)

the_rock
Legend
Legend

You may need to wait few days for auto-update to show up (I had that issue before).

Martin_Valenta
Advisor

what's the point of auto update feature, when you need to wait few days to get it?

version.png

Steffen_Appel
Advisor

Autoupdate never works for me.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

I just noticed my gave option to update, but maybe I was lucky. In the past, it worked randomly, at best.

MattGo
Participant

Steffen, do you use a proxy for Internet access by any chance?  Autoupdate failed in my environment too but I worked with Check Point to uncover a bug:

- Uses IE proxy settings - sk171315 but ignores port 80 and uses 1080 instead
- Force correct use of proxy and port:
(a) Close SmartConsole
(b) Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\SmartConsole\R81.10\PROGRAM
(c) Modify SmartConsole.exe.config file and change this:
<UpdateSettings CertificateKey="blah blah" />
to this:
<UpdateSettings UseSystemProxy="false" Proxy="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80" CertificateKey="blah blah" />
(d) Start SmartConsole

It works fine for me now.

Matt

Hrvoje_Brlek
Collaborator

@eranzo in 81.10 Smartconsole in the Search bar (on GATEWAYS & SERVERS tab) it seems like searching for specific IP address of an interface (being VS or standalone gateway) does NOT work. It only works if you search for the Main IP of the gateway.

Same thing on 80.40 Smartconsole works perfectly. It is useful cause we have a lot of VS's with different interfaces and we use it for easier pinpointing of the exact VS or network path traversal.

Steffen_Appel
Advisor

No proxy is used.

Labels