Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R80.30 Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator - New Ongoing Take 217

Yifat_Chen
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus
1 9 2,621

Hi All,

A new Ongoing Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator take for R80.30 (take 217) was released today and is available for download. Please refer to sk153152

Release Highlight 

• Stability Fixes

Please note the following:

•        The new release is mentioned in  sk153152
  •        The new releases will be published via CPUSE as a recommended version once it will be published as GA.
  •        Availability:
    • Available to download via sk153152
    • Available for download via CPUSE by using package identifier.
    • Can be provided by customer support

Thanks,

Release Management Group

9 Comments
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

The release notes for the take mention the new API version 1.6.1 and to see the API reference guide for the changes, but version 1.6.1 is not shown there at all yet?

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Looks like it's there now.
It shows v1.6 as default, but you can choose v1.6.1 from the menu.

Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 8.14.18 AM.png

Magnus-Holmberg
Advisor

I see that 1.6.1 Early is there now, but its refering to R80.40 and not R80.30 Jumbo (it should say minimum version of the JFA)

jumbo.JPG

Also dose this means that all API from 1.6 is included?

Regards
Magnus

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

My understanding was this was to be added to R80.40 only @Magnus-Holmberg, however I do see some other entries in R80.30JHF to suggest that some of the 1.6.1 API calls were added. 
@Yifat_Chen can you clarify this?

Yifat_Chen
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

I am  checking it. will update. 

Yifat_Chen
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Version 1.6.1 of the Management API will officially be released in the upcoming JHF of R80.40 Jumbo

All the new API commands of this version are also available in R80.30 JHF take 217

Documentation will be updated accordingly . 

Thanks for raising it! 

Yifat 

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Might be good to rev the API version in R80.30 as well to 1.5.1 😬

Magnus-Holmberg
Advisor

if not all from 1.6 is included for 80.30 JFA it should defiantly be called 1.5.1 🙂

Omer_Kleinstern
Employee
Employee

Hi @Magnus-Holmberg 

My name is Omer and I am leading the Management API team.

I will try to clarify, version 1.6.1 will be released in the upcoming R80.40 JHF. All the new API commands of this version were also ported back to version 1.5 in 80.30 JHF starting from take 217 in case someone wants to use them in R80.30 but unlike R80.40, we haven't created a dedicated API version for them, hence they are only documented under 1.6.1.

Our policy regarding new APIs is to add new APIs as part of next Management release (currently R81) and as part of new API version for one JHF version back (currently R80.40), but in previous versions (older than 1)  we can only port the new APIs without creating a new API version thus we don't document them.

We updated the text of the SK to make it more clear.

Thanks,

Omer

Labels