Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R80.20.05 for SMB 1500 series appliance

Amir_Ayalon
Employee
Employee
4 6 1,892

Hi All

We have released R80.20.05 for SMB 1500 series appliance.

Full details in the SK

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

Highlights - What’s New R80.20.05

Networking

•         Alias IP support - Associate more than one IP address to the same network interface.
  •         Link Aggregation - Aggregating/Bonding multiple network connections, Join two or more interfaces together to improve performance and redundancy by increasing the network throughput and bandwidth.
  •         Networking Support for 100 VLANs  
  •         Dynamic address assignment (DHCP) from internet connection for bridge interface

Access rulebase

•         Domain object - Support for domain objects in access rule base (see sk120633)
  •         Updatable Objects - Support for network object that represents an external service (well known online service providers) for centrally managed appliances

Server Name Indications (SNI)

•         Next Generation Bypass - TLS inspection based on Verified Subject Name
  • ·       Improved TLS implementation for TLS Inspection and categorization

Embedded Gaia R77.20 train gap closure

•         Threat Emulation Private Cloud

Management and logs

•        MaaS - Management as a Service for centrally managed appliances

Features in EA Quality

•         IMAPs threat prevention email inspection
  •         POP3s threat prevention email inspection

Enhancements

•         Gateway hostname can now be assigned from DHCP server with DHCP option 12

o   When you edit or add a new internet connection, you can select to get the hostname from your WAN DHCP server.
Gateway name is dynamic, assigned by the external DHCP  server which also provides an IP address upon request

•         DHCP whitelist

Configure your network so IP addresses are assigned by the internal network DHCP server only for known hosts (defined as network objects and a specific MAC address is assigned to the IP). DHCP requests from other hosts are ignore.

6 Comments
G_W_Albrecht
Legend
Legend

Here i only read:

Domain object - Support for domain objects in access rule base (see sk120633)

But when in my 1550, i can not select Non-FQDN mode or FQDN mode as explained in the referenced sk120633, and online help only tells me:

To create a Domain Name type object:

1. Click New.

The New Network Object window opens.

2. In Type, select Domain Name.

3. Enter the Domain.

4. Enter the Object name.

5. Click Apply.

HristoGrigorov

It is there:

Capture.PNG

G_W_Albrecht
Legend
Legend

Not in locally managed SMBs:

1550.png:

Amir_Ayalon
Employee
Employee

Hi

yes, this is currently supported only on centrally managed device.

local management support will be added next Q.

in any case, we will improve the documentation to make it clear.

thanks

G_W_Albrecht
Legend
Legend

Please do so ! Also, the PDF guides are not yet available, only he online version...

daniel1820815
Contributor

Hi there,

I was able to connect a new 1590 wired box to the Management as a Service for centrally managed appliances without any issues. It worked via the step-by-step guide.

Before I added the box to the MaaS I upgraded to R80.20.5 which enabled the option to use MaaS on the local dashboard. Then I created a simple policy on the MaaS Smart Dashboard and I was able to push the policy to the device.

Great work guys! I will do some further tests during the upcoming days.

best wishes

Daniel

Labels