Did you mean: 

New GA SmartConsole (Build #423) for R80.40 is available

MatanYanay
Employee
Employee
0 4 1,576

Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator (2).png

Hi All,

A new GA SmartConsole (Build #423) for R80.40 was released today (Replacing build #422) and is available for download.

For more info please refer to sk165473.

Thanks,

Release Operation group

4 Comments
nmelay
Collaborator

Hi,

I'm so grateful for the title bar fix. 🙂

But it seems like this release also breaks the handling of the "LoginParams" file (smartconsole.exe -p <loginparams>): SmartConsole hangs on "Starting...", eating CPU cycles like hell.
It was broken already on the R81 (and R81.10) SmartConsole, but I hoped it would keep working on R80.40, and get fixed for R81/R81.10 instead.
Is this unofficial feature officially getting dropped?

Thanks.

Alon_Alapi
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi,

The CPU issue is already fixed in RnD and will be available on one of the coming JHFs:

• For R80.40 it will be part of the next ongoing jumbo
  • For R81 it will be part of the JHF after the next ongoing JHF.

Regarding the -p option: it is an undocumented option that we chose to remove due to security considerations as it encouraged people to use passwords in a way that the password may be seen.

Thanks

Arne_Boettger
Collaborator

Hello, 

we understand why the -p option was removed and can understand the security implications. Unfortunately, the "new way" that is suggested is using an SSO Token. But there is no documentation on how to obtain this token and how to setup the environment.

Can you please refer us to the relevant documentation or give us any further details on how this is supposed to work?

Best regards, Arne

Alon_Alapi
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

HI,

I will contact you by email to get more details.

Thanks,

Alon

Labels