Did you mean: 

New GA SmartConsole (Build #407) for R81.10 is available

eranzo
Employee
Employee
0 21 5,163

eranzo_1-1654229001779.jpeg

Hi All,

A new GA SmartConsole (Build #407) for R81.10 was released (Replacing build #406) and is available for download.

For more info please refer to SmartConsole documentation ( R81.10

New: Starting from R81.10, SmartConsole automatically updates to the latest recommended Build, as long as you have an Internet connection. It is not necessary to download and install newer builds manually.

Thanks,

Release Operations groups

21 Comments
Henrik_Noerr1
Advisor

Can you update the release notes 🙂

laszlotakats
Participant

Just a question: why the filter is "on" at the security policy? Bug or feature?

It's a little confusing why it didn't jump to that line in the security policy for Where Use->View in policy. I realized the filter was on, but the filter is on every time I start the smartconsole. Can this be turned off?

filter_on.jpg

sysnetsec
Explorer

Side effect of the filter button being enabled by default as reported by @laszlotakats is that double-clicking on items after a "Where used" search doesn't bring you to the rule.

Harald_Hansen
Advisor
Advisor

Hi,

This release also has a bug in "goto" features (where used, go to rule). 

This issue has been repeating in various versions of SmartConsole. I cannot fathom why this slipped in testing? 

Best regards,
Harald

MatanYanay
Employee
Employee

Hi @Harald_Hansen 

Thanks for your update 

The fix for this issue will be part of the next build we will release for for R81.10 Jumbo 

Thanks 

Matan.

Harald_Hansen
Advisor
Advisor

I hope this won't be an issue again. With the new auto update feature in SmartConsole (which was a very welcome improvement), these kinds of bugs will be very noticeable and we get lots of comments from admins at our customers.

Also, another improvement in the same vein; where used on objects in inline layers needs to be changed. Please only display the inline layer once, even if it is used in multiple rules. It might be better to have a separate table/field for inline rules.

Nik_Bloemers
Advisor

Any update on when a fixed SmartConsole build will be released for the Go To Rule issue? It's been six weeks.

MatanYanay
Employee
Employee

Hi @Nik_Bloemers 

plan to be release by EO July  

Thanks 

Matan

Daniel_
Advisor

Hi @MatanYanay ,

it's Aug and I can still not see a fixed SmartConsole for this annoying bug that you can not jump to a rule. It's an important feature for all users. Is there a new ETA?

Thanks!

Bye

_CP_Firewall
Contributor

Hi,
We are facing the same issue and what we have observed that after selecting "Go to Rule", rule is getting selected properly but rule base screen is not scrolling to that selected rule up as expected. We have to navigate manually and it's really painful while troubleshooting.

R81.10 (Build #407) and JHF 66

Regards;
Hasnain Ansari

bbdgr
Participant

Also experiencing the same issue, but if you have an older version still in your 'program files' 'r81.10' directory, you can revert to using that. Seems to work okay back in 81.10.9600.404

MatanYanay
Employee
Employee

@Daniel_ 

sorry for the delay in my respond 😞

We are working very hard to release the new Jumbo ongoing with the new SC 

we are aiming to release it during next week or the week after 

Apologies for the delay 

Matan. 

CaseyB
Collaborator

Will the new build of SmartConsole also fix the consistent crashing upon login? Login appears to work okay but nothing ever launches, so you have to launch again, then when logging in the second time you get the prompt saying you are already logged in.

SC_crashing.png

Henrik_Noerr1
Advisor

I've had a private build : SMC 81.10.9600.2 with "go to" working two months now.

It could of course be build 406 in disguise. I do now which branch this belongs.

/Henrik

JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

For everyone facing issue with "go to rule", try to click on this icon and then it should work:

xmlfile-23_2__01.jpg

Natan_Chamilevs
Employee
Employee

Hi @CaseyB, my name is Natan, I'm a manager in Checkpoint Management RND.

We are not familiar with the login issue and crashes you described as a phenomenon related to this Smart Console build.

Can you please open an SR for further investigation?

Please attach the dump files you took a screenshot of and logs from the server ($MDS_FWDIR/log/cpm.elg*) that cover the issue (it will be very helpful if you can note a date and time when the issue occurred).

Thank you very much,

Natan

pietervs
Participant

Smart Console has been consistently crashing since we moved our first customer to R81.10. We had 406 istalled at that time.

We were hoping the upgrade to 407 would fix that, but it didn't. Like many others have reported, it introduced a new bug, the fact that we can't jump to rules anymore. Our customer has 407 installed also, but they notice the same issues as we do: crashes, unable to jump to rules.

At first I thought it might be related to the management server of our customer, but when we upgraded the next customer to R81.10, we noticed the same behavior for them, as well. 

As a workaround TAC has made the portable version of 406. That does alleviate the issues for now, for both our customer and us.

I'm looking forward to a fix: it's been 6 months already and all we have so far is a workaround.

Harald_Hansen
Advisor
Advisor

> Like many others have reported, it introduced a new bug, the fact that we can't jump to rules anymore.

FYI:

As JozkoMrkvicka mentioned above, you can fix the jump to rules issue by clicking the filter button.

spottex
Contributor

@MatanYanay  It is the console GUI that needs fixing not the Manager Server via Jumbo.

We downgraded to console version 335 (as that is the only previous install we had available) to get "view in policy" working before we knew about turning off the filter.

pietervs
Participant

@Harald_Hansen thanks, I did see that. But it is yet another workaround for something that should be working out of the box, like it was before. I'm not too lazy to click on something, don't get me wrong. But it is rather disappointing to see something this (seemingly) simple get lost in the new version.

Natan_Chamilevs
Employee
Employee

Hi,

The 'go to rule' issue was fixed. The fix will be included in the next release of Smart Console (fix ID is PRJ-39455), which should be soon. Sorry for the inconvenience with build 407. 

@pietervs I am sending you a mail in private regarding the crashes.

Labels