Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christian_Kopp
Explorer
Jump to solution

search fields in rule summary

Hi all,

we just upgraded to R80 and one of the things I like are the 3 rule fields in the rule summary, which you can even rename.

But unfortunately it seems that I cannot search these fields.

So if I put a number into the field "Ticket Number" and then search for this number, the rule does not get found as it would if I would put the number into the normal comments.

Is this expected behaviour? Not being able to search the custom fields renders them kinda useless for us.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi, searching the rulebase for data that is in the "additional fields" is now supported in R80.10. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

When you say the rule summary fields, I assume you are talking about the "Additional Rule Info", "Ticket Number" and "Ticket Requester" fields in a rule.  I just tried a policy search for something contained in these three fields in the R80.10 EA SmartConsole and it worked, so looks like the solution is to upgrade to R80.10.

Although searching has been improved somewhat, it appears one still cannot search for a NAT Address in objects or the policy in the R80.10 EA SmartConsole.  Workaround remains to bring up the legacy SmartDashboard and run the NAT address search from the Objects List tab along the bottom of the SmartDashboard.

--

My book "Max Power: Check Point Firewall Performance Optimization"

now available via http://maxpowerfirewalls.com.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos
Yuvy_Ruhee
Explorer

I`m using new Management R80.20 and still cannot search for any NAT entry under object explorer 😞

The workaound using R77 smartdashboard still works but its not preferred. Is there some custom configuration i`m missing ?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
Pretty sure Object Explorer shows NAT info: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Policy-Management/R80-10-Smart-Console-how-to-view-NAT-propertie...

Searching on that info may be a different matter.
0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi, searching the rulebase for data that is in the "additional fields" is now supported in R80.10. 

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events